Sorry to add to the hundreds on tax....

Erik17
Level 2
Dolna Matka, North Macedonia

Sorry to add to the hundreds on tax....

Here in Macedonia our Airbnb payments go directly into our company's  Foreign (in our case, Euro) account.

Banking is interesting here.  The same day that they recieve the payout they email me requesting an invoice reference to attach to the income, and want to know what service we provided to recieve that income.  Since Airbnb supplies me with nothing like this, I screenshot each income in the transacation history and tell the bank the Airbnb booking reference is the invoice reference and that the income is from Airbnb for accommodating their clients.  I then print out an invoice (of our own design, with info downloiaded as csv and then cut and pasted) for our accountants.

Here is where it gets tricky.  There is a ten percent tax after our first year in business.  If I collect this tax later the invoice does not match the income that the bank has recieved.  If I build it into the cost, I have to manually juggle the figures one every invoice to show the tax percentage.  For example, dividing 100 Euro by 1.10 to work out the 10% tax component of it tells me that the cost without tax is 90.90909090901.  I can just make that 90.90 but then tax is 9.99 and I am a cent short.  Obviously I need to round up, and I can use the round command in the spreadsheet to do so - BUT Airbnb is making this unnecessarily dificult!

Bottom line - Airbnb should allow a place to put in tax!

So, how can this be accomplished?

Erik

1 Reply 1
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Well it has been asked for at least the 2 1/2 years I have been on this forum, so I would not hold your breath.

David