Special offer includes service fee, while it clearly stated, that it won't

Rita-Dani0
Level 1
Budapest, Hungary

Special offer includes service fee, while it clearly stated, that it won't

Hi awesome community!

I sent a special offer for one of our guests after we discussed a price. When we were sending the special offer it clearly states that the price won't include the service fee. (btw it's a pretty bad design, bc when we usually discuss a special price with the guest, it's almost impossible to offer the exact amount, because the service fee is magically changing between 6-12%)

screenshot.png

Now that the guest arrived, I noticed that actually the service fee got deducted from my given special price (and we went lower, bc we were expecting that the service fee will come on top of that)

This is really annoying.

That would be great too, if we wouldn't have to discuss it with the Airbnb community, but with a support employee right away.

That would be incredibly cool too if the support section wouldn't be so hidden in a footer of a page that has an infinite load (wtf?), and I wouldn't have to go through multiple support materials to reach to this point where I can finally ask my question.. from the community... just my two cents 🙂

Thank you,

Rita ± Dani

1 Reply 1
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Rita-Dani0

You are right it is not clear - bear this in mind in future...

You are charged a service fee of 3% which is taken from your earnings. In addition the guest pays a booking fee of 12% which is added to their bill.