Special offer

Stacye0
Level 1
Battlefield, MO

Special offer

Hi I have a guest trying to book my condo. I sent a special offer. She said she then tried to book it and it asked for her drivers license. She tried to put that information in but it would never proceed to the credit card portion. It also had a different amount than what the special offer was. Please advise

2 Replies 2

My mom tried creating an account and had an issue with the ID verification in Airbnb.  I would ask them to try another browser, preferable Chrome but really anything is better than Internet Explorer. They should be able to verfiy their id here https://www.airbnb.com/users/edit_verification but if they have issues with that they can send a ticket to Airbnb.  

It sounds like their verification didn't go through so they didn't get to the charge portion.  You may also want to warn them that special offers expire in 24 hours but you can always send them again. 

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Stacye0

Your prospective guest does not have the necessary verifications and these take time to process by airbnb.  The guest has 12 hours to complete, but sometimes it does not go through that quickly and the preapproval expire. You would need to wait and see what happens.

There are airbnb fees for the guest to pay on top of your special offer.