Stuck on ID verification

Stephan202
Level 2
Eindhoven, Netherlands

Stuck on ID verification

Hello,

you guys tell me on this page  https://www.airbnb.nl/help/article/1237 that explains how to upload your ID that you should hide/mask the BSN (government issued number). This number also appears in the MRC (machine readable code) on the bottom. We only masked this part of the passport and it got rejected twice.

It either got a bug or your verification methods are just wrong. I don’t want you guys to have my BSN number so how do I get verified?

thanks for the help

2 Replies 2
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Stephan202  & welcome to CC which is for users of ABB to help one another.

If you use keywords in the search box you should be able to be help how others have addressed this issue to circumnavigate it.

Naturally with the Privacy Laws now in place it is more important than ever our privacy is maintained

I'm sure someone else here in the Community will have a  more direct answer.

All the best for your ABB hosting & travel.

Central To All Home & Location

Auckland

New Zealand =Nieuw Zeeland!

Stephan202
Level 2
Eindhoven, Netherlands

Thanks for your response, I could not find any Dutch user with the same problem.

The helpdesk isn't helping me out, after 4 days they send me the same link that I send them and told me there is no other way to get verified except then the automated proces.

This proces needs the following improvements

- reject reason should be in the rejection email

- each rejection or approval should have a reference number (so you can refer to it)

- there should be a manual override by the helpdesk if something goes wrong with the process.

We are currently unable to verify because of the broken system. I've tried several times and my ID gets rejected all the time. It's easier to open a bank account here then to verify my air bnb account.

Hopefully there still hosts left that don't require ID verification, because else I would stop using Airbnb all together.