Super host account suspension

Super host account suspension

@Quincy 

i really need help as I am very disturbed by this situation.

I am not getting any logical explanation on this from the airbnb customer support. All I get is someone will get back to you and no one does.

I have been hosting for almost 2+ years and am a super host.

This is a very unusual for me. Can you please help get this running back for me? Or at least het someone to speak to me ?

I really appreciate your help.

H
21 Replies 21
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why don't you explain the background so people can provide you with an informed reply. @H71 

However it looks like the guests in September who left you a bad review raised a safety complaint. Airbnb will suspend your listing temporary (normally five days). They don't bother to tell you. They won't communicate with you about it. Then they will open your listing up again with no policy or compensation.

Great policy eh 😞

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@H71 

Your (temporary ?) suspension is probably because of issues mentioned in the review of L. ?

@Emiel1 @Helen3 thank you guys for your responses. That guest actually booked for 1 person and brought in 4 people along. I found out about this later In the evening. As I went through my serveillance camera outside the property. I didn’t even ask him for extra charges at that time and let it be as he mentioned they would leave and not staying over night.

In the morning after the checkout when I went to inspect the property, the bedroom was a mess the quilts and bedsheets were damped in a liquid, I’m not sure if it was urine or anything else but it was stinking. I had to throw away everything. Upon inquiry from the guest as to what happened, he totally denied and said he left everything in perfect condition.

To which I claimed damages from him. And I believe he expressed his bias in the review.

I never went into the property without a notice. He made that up.

H

@Quincy 

Hi can you please help me on this? 
I feel so helpless.

H
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@H71 

@Quincy is based in London where it is now nearly 9pm, so you're unlikely to receive a response from him before our working day starts, at very the earliest, which would be in another 12 hours time.

@Huma0 sorry I didn’t realize that, thanks for letting me know. 
I guess I will hear back from him tomorrow.

H
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@H71 

Easy mistake to make. As far as I am aware, the English language CC is moderated from London. Also, the mods do have to trawl through all the posts here so it can take a bit of time for them to get back to you. It might not be the same day or the next...

I do appreciate that you must be very frustrated. I would also be tearing my hair out by now.

@Huma0 @You have no idea. At this age and day when you have variable interest rates on your mortgage and with high payments, the economy on the verge of heading into a recession these ppl do this to you. The worst part is they just give you a scripted response and that’s it.

H
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@H71 

I agree and, in my opinion, when they find that you did not do anything to deserve the suspension, they should actually reimburse you for the lost revenue. Sadly, I think that is rarely the case.

@Helen3 @Emiel1 

how do I know if it’s temporary? I can still see my booked a calendar. My vacant days are blocked and at the bottom it says suspended, guest can’t find the listing in search.

really appreciate your help. The thing is I have called airbnb so many times. 

H
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

"I am not getting any logical explanation on this from the airbnb customer support. All I get is someone will get back to you and no one does."

That seems to be the standard nowadays . Just continue to contact them.

@Emiel1 
Thank you, I will.

H
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@H71 

You have to take into consideration lots of people on this forum live in different times zones, I find Americans never realise that, There is a big wide world out there,

I have had it, 2-30 am "Are you sleeping" me. No Im skydiving, sorry joking.

Yep we get messages all time of the day and night, I once had airbnb cancel a booking because I didn't answer my phone at 3am, The CS woman completely did not understand it was 3am and was sleeping like most normal people do. such is life,

I will say Airbnb has been good for us over the years I know thats no consolation to you at this moment,

There are many other options besides airbnb although airbnb has been the best regarding bookings, dont have all your eggs in one basket, this can happen to anyone at anytime,

For you guys in America you have many OTA's to get your property listed, You can always open another airbnb account in your partners name, Get yourself covered.

@Mike-And-Jane0 I read in one of the posts where you were able to assist a fellow host resume her listing. I am going through the same and. It sure what to do. Despite several calls to airbnb support they are unable to help.

I am a super host and never had a 1 rating review. Just because a guest made a false claim I believe my account is suspended. That’s what I assume as no one is giving me an answer as to what is actually going on.

Your guidance will really be appreciated. A humble request as this is my main stream of income and my survival.

H