Suspended account, I haven’t been support or backup by Airbnb.

Manuel710
Level 2
Miami, FL

Suspended account, I haven’t been support or backup by Airbnb.

Hello everyone in here this is an urgent matter to me…!

Im going through a really tough situation right now where I haven’t been support or backup by Airbnb.
Here the situation:
I had a guest that book one of my shared listings for 12 days, and on day 10 at 10:30pm she was requesting a full refund because so many issues that she decided to expressed after 10 days. To begin with she came from Ohio to south Miami to get a plastic surgery, which she did and apparently she was released by her doctor and there is where everything started, in order to get 100 percent refund she claimed that she caught Covid at our listing which it was false because I ask her to provide me a positive test resulted and also requested her and her partner along with all the people on the listing to test them with a rapid test that we provide them and they refused it, she withdraw the requested because she new she was mitigating and open a new claim saying that she was hit by us and it was another lie because we have record cameras where we were talking with her partner and you can clearly hear when he said that first she didn’t have Covid neither physical aggression were involved, I had to call the police and make a report because they were trying us to get physical and we had to dialed 911. And last but no least she claimed discrimination saying that she was called B….ch and Ni..ga to her boyfriend who happen to be a minority like us. It happened to be that Airbnb after that they suspended our listing where she stayed at and then two days after they close the case and reopen our listing because the found that we were telling the true. It a week later the guest call again and Airbnb with taking a resolution decided to supe s our 21 LISTINGS, and today is the day 17 after the incident and we are still suspended and they are “ investigating “ we call everyday 4-9 times a day to get an answer and their response is “ THAT THEY WERE TRYING TO CONTACT US AND THE CALL HOES IN BLANK” we are two hosts with 2 existing working numbers on file and from the same phones we contact the customer support everyday and we do get in touch with then mmm but the SAFETY DEPARTMENT which is the one handling the case . We do receive automatics messages three times a week with the same message. If anyone here have and idea how we can contact the safety department please help us out. Over two weeks with our 21 listing suspended without taking a decision is not fair. We have been hosting over 4 years and we have a clean reputation in our business so our personal lives.

It is really frustrated that we have been calling everyday and we do not have any response or clarity in this matter. We have been Aldo begging them to contact us and replied them to every single message besides all the messages That we send every single day and there is still no answer from them.

23 Replies 23
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Catherine-Powell @Quincy @Emilie 

Yet another one.

When is this going to stop?

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Manuel710 so sorry this is happening but I do have questions? Exactly where were the cameras located, how many, and are you saying they were recording? 

Hello, we have a camera at the front of the house and it’s in compliance and disclosure in our listings. 

Oh okay. Good to know. I asked because in your post you said cameras, which mean more than one. 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Surely there is a better way to deal with problems than this? Im just a simple person but would it not be better to open a line of conversation with the host first to establish some facts than just to shut them down, and bye the way Airbnb is losing money also, If as people say Customer service is being outsourced, does Airbnb know how many bookings are being cancelled? 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for the tag @Huma0

Hello @Manuel710, firstly, I am sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I have informed our team about the situation, and asked they look into this as a matter of urgency. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Quincy 

We all appreciate you trying to help here and getting these cases escalated, but seeing as we are hearing about several of these a week here on the CC (and who knows how many there are that are not reported here), what would be great if is someone at Airbnb, whether that is @Catherine-Powell , or anyone else with authority, could treat this as a general and clearly widespread problem, rather than acting as if each case was some kind of anomaly that rarely happened.

We never get ANY feedback that this is being even considered to be some sort of problem from Airbnb's end, let alone something they are looking into/addressing.

Manuel710
Level 2
Miami, FL

Thank you to everyone that was involved in our case and took their time to help us out with the situation we had, today Airbnb finally decided to put us back on business meaning that we are no longer suspended. Thank you again for you all collaboration.

@peppie

Appreciate your notes.  I am trying to decide about becoming a host.  My son has taken the family on several vacations with ABNB & all were enjoyed. Since then I considered listing my farm as an ABNB but if is too difficult, I would not list it.  Thank you again.

@Quincy @Huma0 

I am going through the same problem. I have been hosting for almost 2 years now and been a super host with 4.9 rating. Customer comfort is everything to me and that is why Juni carry the status of super host and being rated high.

out of the blue my listing got suspended and I have been following up with airbnb customer service but the only answer I get is someone will get back to you. I believe I got suspended due to a biased review from a recent guest. All the communication I had with this gentleman is on the airbnb app. This business is bread and butter for me and in these tough economic times I am going to loose a lot because of this.

could you please help me here? And let me know what I need to do.

thnak you.

H
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@H71 

Sorry to hear about that.

I am just another host, not a moderator, but hopefully @Quincy can help you.

@H71 My only question is did you or anyone else enter the guest’s room while he/she was renting? I ask because in your post here, you don’t mention this is what guest said nor were you adamant about not entering the space.

I know you want your response to be professional and tactful; however, if it had been me, i would not have given a general response and then proceed to list all the things you had done for the guest. I would have matter-of-factly said, “This is the first I’ve heard that I entered your room. To be clear, I never entered your room.” 

It’s a suit so, going into the room is out of the question. I never did.

he made that up.

H

Not did anyone else.

H