Take of the Admin (Host), and let me take over as host (I am the owner of the house)

Penny304
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

Take of the Admin (Host), and let me take over as host (I am the owner of the house)

Dear Airbnb community,

I am new to Hosting. Unfortunately, being 'time poor' I allowed someone who has now shown herself to not be trustworthy to set up my Airbnb account. She is now making crazy claims for money I owe her for 'managing' this account, and will not take herself off as Host.

Airbnb, despite that i am the owner of the house and have for now 7 days been trying to find a resolution, tells me they are not able to remove her a 'Host' . The last correspondence I received was:

ED, Dec 4, 04:39 PST:

Hello Penny,

My name is Evelin and I work here at Airbnb. Thank you for reaching out, although I'm sorry to hear about this situation.

Unfortunately, as an online platform, we are not privy to the offline agreements you may have made, so we are unable to mediate or assist.

We recommend reaching out to the particular individual to discuss and resolve this matter directly.

Please let me know if you have any account-related questions. We hope you two will be able to amicably resolve this matter.

Kind regards,

ED
www.airbnb.com/help

1 Reply 1
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Penny304 

This was a big mistake. Your house, it should be your account, and then you can have the person set up as a co-host.

I think now, the only solution would be to freeze the listing, host the guests that you have already booked, and then set a new listing with you as a host.

Or pay this person, take over the account, change email and passwords, and end the issue.