Totally untrue bad review

Answered!
Wendy816
Level 2
Arrowtown, New Zealand

Totally untrue bad review

Hi

I recently stayed at a place with 4 friends that was disgustingly dirty - old urine sitting in the toilet bowl, hair in the shower, dirty towels and facecloths, out of date milk and leftover food in the fridge and old food stuck on the bench tops.  I immediately rang the host to complain, he told me I shouldn't be so fussy and he cancelled the booking at 8 p.m. at night, so we then had to find a hotel.  He has left a review about me, saying that my group had done all the things above (we were only at the property 1/2 an hour), and that I was rude and disrespectful; he also said that I had pulled all bedding off the beds which again is so untrue.  Is there any way I can get Airbnb to review this and take the review down?  Thank you

1 Best Answer
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Wendy816 

it seems the place you were staying is run by an agency owned by a couple (for one of them this is a part-time job) and they manage 6 listings. More than half of the listings have a score 4,5* or less so obviously the things are not perfect there. As I understood you booked another place and they relocated you at the last moment to another unit and offered another but neither of those units was not up to your cleaning standards so they canceled your stay. It seems the host doesn't have time to clean all of 6 units properly or they have problems with their cleaning lady.

Based on this facts I tend to believe your story (you are a superhost) more than theirs.

If you have any proof to show to Airbnb CS (photos, your messages, hotel bill) it could be helpful and make sure you show it to your CS rep. Airbnb sides with guests most of the time so I think you have a good chance to convince them to remove their review.

If not, you can always write a reply to their review.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

Contant Airbnb customer service and show them the log of your communication. 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It's a tricky one as all the host's previous reviews (other than yours) have been very complimentary, many citing cleanliness as a plus. Not sure there's a way out on this one. Disappointing outcome for both of you, and it cements that (probably unwarranted) 'hosts are the worst guests' belief. 

Wendy816
Level 2
Arrowtown, New Zealand

That could be because we didn't stay at the property we booked.  The host asked at the last minute if we would mind staying at another of his properties, and to help out, we agreed.  I so wish we hadn't, as the house was awful.  I don't understand how a host can be so scathingly untrue about a guest and tarnish their reputation.  I so hope this doesn't affect my bookings in the future

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Wendy816 

it seems the place you were staying is run by an agency owned by a couple (for one of them this is a part-time job) and they manage 6 listings. More than half of the listings have a score 4,5* or less so obviously the things are not perfect there. As I understood you booked another place and they relocated you at the last moment to another unit and offered another but neither of those units was not up to your cleaning standards so they canceled your stay. It seems the host doesn't have time to clean all of 6 units properly or they have problems with their cleaning lady.

Based on this facts I tend to believe your story (you are a superhost) more than theirs.

If you have any proof to show to Airbnb CS (photos, your messages, hotel bill) it could be helpful and make sure you show it to your CS rep. Airbnb sides with guests most of the time so I think you have a good chance to convince them to remove their review.

If not, you can always write a reply to their review.

Thank you so much for that, hopefully when I try to book somewhere in the future, the host thinks like you guys.  This has really affected me; at first I was really angry but now I'm really upset because this is so not the way I behave, and to think that people may believe this horrible man is awful.  I do have photographic evidence, so hopefully airbnb will believe me and remove this defamatory review.

Juliet81
Level 2
Kampala, Uganda

Mine is the opposite am the host, recently I hosted a guest who seemed ok ,till the last minute when he wrote a review that someone had written to him an sms that he stole a 2 plates ,1 toilet paper, 2 tea bags . This is absolutely false. All the amenities put there were for his use ,how could we accuse him of stealing a toilet paper when we put there one ,what was he using all the time.  The he said the fridge broke down ,and he threw all his food away. This is not also true. He mentioned to my co host that the fridge is not working but he is ok. Then he said the space is too small ,this we provided the area and also mentioned it ,that it is compact.  He wrote so  many things in German yet we were communicating in English.  Then he overstayed for one night ,we demanded payment maybe that's why he is acting the way he did. What can I do,new in this business and he lowered my rating 

What Airbnb have done to you ?