Tourist tax in Martin County,Fl

Joan414
Level 1
Jensen Beach, FL

Tourist tax in Martin County,Fl

Hello,

I am a new host and am preparing to pay the Martin County, Fl tourist tax for the first time.  Is the tax strictly based on the room rent and the cleaning fee

or do I include the airbnb service fee before deciding the tax amount?  Thank you.

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Joan414 

Your listing shows the followuing taxes are already charged by Airbnb to guests

(don't know if it same as "tourists tax" ? 😞

General Sales and Use Tax (Florida)
General Sales and Use Tax (Martin)

Thanks for responding to my question.  The local tourist tax is separate and I am responsible for paying this.  I do appreciate that you took the time to check it out. I just didn't know if we base our tax on

the amount we actually receive or include the airbnb service charge too.  Thanks again.

Kevin-And-Beatriz0
Level 1
Jensen Beach, FL

Joan, I am also a new host here in Martin County and I was wondering if you ever received an answer about your taxes?  I want to file appropriately as well, but aren't sure on what amount.  I was hoping it would just be on the amount I received, not the total.  I don't even know how to see how much the guests paid in total yet! lol  thanks and your place looks great 🙂

Waveland0
Level 2
Stuart, FL

Hi @Joan414 & @Kevin-And-Beatriz0  - new fellow host in our lovely town!  Reviving this old post to see if you were able to find an answer on the Martin County taxes?

Thanks - your places look great 

Lauren3434
Level 2
Stuart, FL

I've reached out to clarify with Airbnb specifically for Martin County (and tourist tax). I've received confirmation from the Tourist Tax Board that they do not have a contract with Airbnb, so that tax (5%) must be collected and remitted by Airbnb hosted independently. You will need to register as well to remit this tax with https://martintaxcollector.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Tourist-Tax-Application-Update.pdf They respond very quickly to get this setup.