Transfer bookings to new managers

Ruth19
Level 3
Hobart, Australia

Transfer bookings to new managers

Hello I've already got a mysteriously now closed support ticket open with Ryan regarding this issue however it has been closed despite my saying I dont wish it closed. Due to an unexpected health incident I'm transferring a listing over to new managers. The original advice from Airbnb was this is fine so I'm ready to go ahead. Obviously I have my original listing link and the new listing link, the new managers have blocked those dates already forward booked by myself in their new calendar. I have informed guests of the security of their bookings and that I'd forward the link to the new listing to rebook. In addition I've forwarded all guest detals to new managers. I require help to midwife guests please in a useful sequence so they are enabled to rebook. Yes they will have to rebook. Who cancels their booking please in order that they can rebook? I assume that's Airbnb although I do have permission in this instance to cancel all forward bookigs however I dont want to freak guests out without an Airbnb stafffer to contact them and reassure them. Also I'm not sure the correct order of things?

Thanks heaps

5 Replies 5

Hi @Ruth19

It depends on whether the new manager wants to have the reviews on their profile page or if you can come to some agreement about the existing booking reviews going on your profile.  

You could just set up to co-host each others listings and that way, the new manager should have access to information about the incoming guests from the listing on your profile and you can still access your property data.  

Put your listing in "snooze" mode and leave the new one active for future bookings.  Double check that the new manager can still access all information when the listing is "snoozed".  

The reviews that come will no longer be part of a visible listing.  In the event that you may reactivate it in time, you can always reply to their review if they include the new managers name and mention that your co-host has been helping out.

Maybe this will work until you sort out the best way forward.  There is even a chance that you can alter the reservation once both listings are connected on each profile by using the drop down box and selecting the new listing and the guest has to click accept.

If you speak with someone from airbnb again, you can at least present this as a possible solution and they can tell you if it will work or not - or perhaps someone else more familiar with the intricacies of the site can inform you if this will work.  I have never had occasion to try it but it seems like it should work or may be worth a try?

All the best.

Hi Lisa thanks so much for your generous time taken to assist myself, I've had a rocky ride so far since posting here! I've listed on Airbnb for 5 years this December and I assure you I have had the utmost respect for my Airbnb communications, I've felt very supported with very few guest nor staff incidents if any.

However I've escalated my case 3 times over past few days and still have yet to have it resolved correctly. What I'm most surprised at is the lack of sophisticated higher level management right now in Airbnb support, why is this? The thing is I'm eventually transferring all 3 listings to new managers but doing so one guest home at a time, I have no intention to drop all right now, I'm naturally pacing myself over a few months. It's taken a month just to locate the right replacement managerial solutions-all 3 listings are owned by different clients. Having found the current manager ready to go, I'm training the next one right now myself-to give her a head start (might as well use my accumultated knowledge for good). This trainee manager is co hosting with me so I'm learning what that's about thanks. She's putting together her own listing of the same property in order to be independent-not yet live. That's the point I need to bow out gracefully with a win win win win. Believe me it would be easier to cancel all in my current situation!

I could really do with support on this it has been a shocking few days of miscommunication whereby I escalated my need for help in following the correct temporary cancellation protocol from an Airbnb support guy Chris. Chris didn't understand my request so he advised a higher manager will contact me that same day. The higher manager Ellen took his word without any prior communication with me (?) and cancelled all of my three listings bookings ahead- I have 3 properties and she cancelled guests on all 3! Not only that she informed them all of my private medical issue!  I firmly told her all 3 of these actions were a remarkable and unnecessary mistake and she should surely have spoken to me first to find out what I wanted and that I needed her help to reassure my customers that all of their bookings are firm? And that I desire only one of my listings to be transferred to a new manager at this time and could she please reassure them and help them to rebook via the link. Today I find this letter! Which explains my ongoing challenges! Can you imagine how surprised and fearful my customers have been? I feel for the confused affronted guests (I'd already written to them individually to reasure them that their booking is safe and they'd gain help to rebook plus I forwarded the link myself.) I specifically asked Airbnb to back me up and assist them feel secure and rebook! I feel for my new managers and my future attempt to do this twice more.

In addition I already had a support ticket open a month ago that I kept saying please keep open I'll get back when I have the solutions in place. I dont know why this was cancelled?

Dear hosts I ask you to put in place all assurances that your case manager understands fully your request to instill a new manager of your listing and that you intend retaining all bookings so that everyone wins.

Ellen P., Oct 16, 01:32 PDT:

Hi Dave,

I hope all is well with you. My name is Ellen and I am one of the Case managers here at Airbnb.

I'm so sorry to hear that your host Ruth, cancelled your reservation for your trip to Hobart, Australia. I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you. But need not worry for Ruth have this wonderful listing that you can book in exchange to hers. This listing is with Airbnb as well and the host is one of our Superhosts too. So I am pretty certain that you will love the place and will be accommodated properly. Here is a direct link to that listing:

............................................................................................................................................

By now, you should have received an automated email from Airbnb informing you of the cancellation, and containing instructions on how to transfer your original payment to a new reservation through Airbnb. Additionally, you may have noticed some information about a potential financial credit to apply to your new booking. This credit is provided by Airbnb, to help you with any cost increases to your reservation total. Essentially, if your new reservation ends up costing more than your original, we'll cover part of the payment to your host.

The listing that is being offered to you has the same price so you should not worry anything about it anymore. Just a gentle reminder though, please make the booking within 3-5 days from today because the new host is reserving the dates for you guys and can not afford to decline other guests just because they are waiting for you to book. You may confirm if you'll be booking with Ruth and she will give you the details of your new host. Or you can simply contact the host and let them know that you are one of Ruth's guests that is suppose to book their property.

Need not worry Dave, if you need anything else, we are just here to help you out. For more details, you may contact Ruth for this.

I will now be closing this ticket but send me an email if needed be.

Kindly,

Ellen P.
www.airbnb.com/help

The main thing I want to understand is how to speak with a high level manager, what do you call these folk? Ellen apparently was one such person? Who is above her please?

At the fourth escalation request I spoke with Bea who went through the history with me, double checked all cancelled bookings are again current both under new manager and for those current listings on my profile. We found 2 that require reinstating that are on a completely different listing. I have put in my complaint I hope no one else goes through this time consuming challenging business. 

All guests have successfully rebooked the same home under the new managers listing.

I believe this is now resolved and I was able to express my experience to the staff member who has now apologised.