Trouble Editing Discount for Longer Stay

Jill7
Level 1
Massachusetts, United States

Trouble Editing Discount for Longer Stay

I have a listing that is set up for a one-time availability (a total of 9 nights) while we are away from the home. I see where I can set up the weekly discount, but when doing so, it seems to only allow me to do that for a week running Monday-to-Monday rather than ANY seven consecutive nights. This makes it very confusing and does not extend a weekly discount to someone who arrives on Friday and leaves on Friday. Furthermore, I want to extend a discount to someone who books 8 nights or 9 nights (so that it is not just a matter of the weekly rate plus the regular nightly rate for the 8th and 9th nights). The weekly rate I set is for $4,500 but I want the rate for 8 nights to be $5,000 and the rate for 9 nights to be $5,500 (so they're getting a $200 per night discount on the 8th and 9th nights).

Most importantly, how can I set the discount for ANY seven-night stay?

Feeling frustrated and no one to call for answers.

Thanks in advance for any guidance. Providing link to the listing if that helps.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/9715579

3 Replies 3

Hey Jill -- I think the discount should be applied for ANY seven consecutive nights. As for discounting the 8th and 9th night if someone chooses to book a longer stay, I don't think there's a way in Airbnb to set it up directly, but you can always mention it as part of your listing and offer it as a "Special Offer" when someone books to adjust for the price (your home looks beautiful by the way!).

Jill7
Level 1
Massachusetts, United States

I discovered that the problem relates to the fact that there is also a place where you can specific a specific rate for a particular week and I used that instead of extending the % discount. So I've updated the listing accordingly. Thank you for taking the time to offer your help!

Queenie0
Level 10
United States

Be careful with offering an additional discount for nights 8 and 9.  First of all, the weekly discount will be applied to ANY 7 nights, or longer. Then each night above the original 7 (nights 8 and 9), the rate will be calculated as the weekly rate divided by 7. So a significant discount is already built into the extra nights.