Unable to confirm reservations

Rich37
Level 1
Cedar City, UT

Unable to confirm reservations

I'm traveling in the UK for a month leaving in a few weeks so I'm having to book a lot of places on relatively short notice. Yesterday morning I booked a few places and then started getting variations on "oops, something went wrong" error messages when I clicked the "confirm & pay" button. I tried all day yesterday with the same results until the evening when it worked for about an hour before I started getting the error messages again. This morning it's still not working.

Is anyone else having this experience? Is it common? I really haven't had an experience this poor with any major website. Can you imagine trying to buy something on Amazon and getting an "ooops" messages when you click the buy button and it takes you back to the main page? And not just once but for a whole day?

2 Replies 2
Rich37
Level 1
Cedar City, UT

Currently getting "Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing maintenance or your connection may have timed out. Please try again." At least it doesn't take me back to the home page now. I'm getting this in a safari browser on a mac pro as well as my iphone. Very frustrated.

Signed up for a new account and I'm able to book listings with the new account. So apparently it's a bug if anyone at Airbnb is interested.