Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing

Answered!
Priya7
Level 1
Bellevue, WA

Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing

I have been trying to making a booking since yesterday. I started seeing this error "Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing maintenance or your connection may have timed out. Please try again."

Please help!

1 Best Answer
David6594
Level 2
Seattle, WA

I ran into the same problem and it drove me crazy for a while. I finally solved the problem by turning off WI-FI on my phone, logging out of air bnb app and logging back in. the problem was that the WI-FI network was unsecured and the air bnb app would not authenticate the connection. By forcing my phone to use cellular data, it was able to make a secure connection and all the problems went away.

View Best Answer in original post

49 Replies 49

Just had a guest go through this.  Check your email for a log-in error.  He tried for 3 days and finally realized they needed him to clear his cache and log in again.  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Priya7,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing a difficulty when trying to book. I wonder have you tried again since posting this? Also, as @Alice-and-Jeff0 said clearing your cache can sometime help.

Do let us know and I hope you are travelling to somewhere nice. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzi

I have the same problem when trying to book a home for an upcoming vacation I am planning. during finalization of the booking I am cautioned that the booking currecny has been converted from USD to CHF (swiss francs) and ultimately refuses to process the booking and provides the server error quote.

can you help?

Guy

hello @Lizzie0,

I'm trying to make a booking, however I'm not able to update my payment mode and receiving a message that the details are not correct.

I contacted my bank, and the confirmed that my card is functional and not blocked.

how can we solve this problem?

thanks,

I am facing the same issue. Tried everything. Loggen in through my laptop, my phone and even wife's account isn't working. This is happening for the last 4-5 days.

Marina282
Level 1
Tokyo, Japan

I have a same booking problem. The host pre-approved but when I am trying to complete booking an error message appear.

Aida48
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi, I keep getting a similar message (Transaction ID: **). Message said "Sorry, something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again." and changing to other valid credit cards did not resolve the issue. Can admin help?

Darryl19
Level 1
Shepparton, Australia

I am getting the same error when trying to book an apartment. 

I have even tried to book the apartment using the work computers, but I still get the same error.

This has been doing this for 2 days.

Erin221
Level 1
Odenton, MD

I got the same error when trying to book. I went to my gmail to check and I did get an email that the booking request was sent? I'm assuming it went through and it's glitching on this page. Not sure what's going on. Have yet to hear back about whether the booking was accepted. I tried it on multiple computers, different browsers and have cleared my cache more than once. From what I can see in my email each time I tried it confirmed the request. Hopefully it works out. 

@Erin221 if you have another device (a different computer, tablet, smart phone) that you can use to try to log into your AirBnB account, that might give you a better chance of being able to see your reservation information.

If using a different device helps, you may need to clear your browser caches and cookies, as some have mentioned.

Ben372
Level 1
Manchester, United Kingdom

Same problem with me to. Tried logging in numerous times on different computers, different OS etc. with no joy. Have reported the issue to airbnb tech support and they have made no progress on this.

So i'm currently unable to book my holiday at one place and have half paid for 1/2 a holiday at another place (this booking worked initially) and have paid for flights to holiday destination for me and family.....not good

i will try clearing cache and cookies on web browser and try again

Veyreanth0
Level 1
Vianen, Netherlands

Hey,

I am experiencing this problem too. Did you guys' problem get fixed?

@Veyreanth0 Severs might be down. It's not working for me either. I tried from Android app and desktop browser. 

Hoa4
Level 2
Odessa, FL

I'm having the same issue. Airbnb says the bank couldn't confirm this card, then showing "Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing maintenance or your connection may have timed out. Please try again"

It happened to me long time back. I tried to book houses both in US and abroad. None works. Very frustrating. And on Airbnb I couldn't find any link to get a direct help neither