Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed

Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed

Hi, I'm a noob here, first time booking at airbnb.

So I was trying to book an apt, using the delayed payment option(2 installments) and this message appeared after I clicked the pay button: 

"Let’s try that again
Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing maintenance or your connection may have timed out. Please try again."

The message appeared on the top of the payment page with the credit card and option to pay upfront or in 2 installments.

But then my phone sent me a sms notification indicating the first installment payment went through. After 5 minutes the host also sent me a message with "Thanks for booking our apt" and the address of the apt, and self check in guide and whatnot..

So in the end I just want to confirm, did my booking (+payment) complete successfully? If so, what's up with that message?

Thanks for your time!
1 Reply 1
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Cheng-Kuok0,

You'll have to contact Airbnb support and maybe your credit card issuer to discuss the issue.

This site is a forum where hosts and guests ask questions give advice from their own experience. No one here has access to the accounts of others.

If the host sees it as a confirmed reservation and not "Payment pending" then your payment probably has gone through to Airbnb. Hosts get paid by Airbnb only after the guest has checked in.

For information on ways to contact Airbnb support For information on ways to contact Airbnb support type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.