Unruly guests

Michael306
Level 1
Santa Cruz, CA

Unruly guests

In the event we have a guest that becomes unruly, loud, or violates terms and conditions how does a host get them to leave? What steps are taken by the host? 

4 Replies 4
Ash-and-Dasha0
Level 10
Redwood City, CA

Ouch, I would call airbnb customer service and request cancellation of the reservation on behalf of the host. I've done it with guests who smoked pot in the room. We didn't get penalty when we went through the customer service route. But you probably would incurr penalties if you just cancel on the platform. Give a call or send twitter messages to airbnb. 

This sounds like a touchy issue, best of luck dealing with them. 

Monica4
Level 10
Ormstown, Canada

@Michael306 You can notify Airbnb and ask them to find other accomodation for your guests. In the worst cases, you can contact your local law enforcement to get them evicted if the situation is threatening.

Mary391
Level 2
Silver Spring, MD

My guest arrived Sunday, has been very loud and seems inebriated much of the time, emotionally fragile, and oversharing her life history. I have set limits which I thought were working until a few minutes ago when she woke me up and tried to climb into my bed. I've locked my bedroom door and cannot get back to sleep and need to be rested for work in the morning. This isn't going to work. I need her out.

Albert2146
Level 2
Niagara Falls, Canada

I recently had the same thing happen. I have a full house and it’s maximum 2 guests and any additional guest is more expensive per guest then the listing. I still had 2 car loads of people pull up and start to party and smoke pot in my non smoking house. I called Airbnb and they said they had a team that would be on it. Which is a complete lie, they just keep telling you that every time you call but nobody from Airbnb actually gets back to you. I ended up kicking everyone off the property myself as I am very close to the house thankfully. I showed Airbnb the damage and I have still yet to have anyone from Airbnb get back to me. They issued the person that booked a full refund as well. Please everyone beware. Airbnb doesn’t care about you or your property and just wants to make money off of people.