Using my Superhost status

Josephine70
Level 3
Everett, WA

Using my Superhost status

Before COVID, a friend of my sister asked me to co-host her 8 bedroom house that was newly renovated. She already posted it on Airbnb and on another website for hospital workers. However, she was not getting guests because it was lacking descriptions, etc. Also, she lacked expertise. I am a Level 7 Superhost. I said I can co-host for 30 percent of the fee plus the cleaning fee because her house is about 45 minutes away from my house. I spent a whole month writing all the descriptions of each room and posted live on Airbnb. I immediately got guests to a few of the rooms but I had a few problem guests who were trouble makers but was able to resolve a few. After a month, the owner of the house told me that I have to take out the listing temporarily because of COVID and turn the house into a Care Home. So, I blocked the calendar until 2022. However, yesterday, I found out that she used a different co-host, used the same descriptions I had, etc. The co-host is in the Philippines and the property is in Seattle. She lied to me. She took a different co-host who was outsourced, and pay less money since she is paying in pesos. I felt being used and I felt she has to pay me all my hardwork for writing all the descriptions and my whole month of work. I traveled many times to her house to take pictures of her house and to make sure that everything was Airbnb-ready...So her house is actually posted in Airbnb by her, by me and the co-host in the Philippines.

I needed help what to do. Should I ask Airbnb to ask her to pay me? Do I have a right here? 
I appreciate your help.

1 Reply 1
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Josephine70 Where you stand depends on the terms of the contract you entered into with this person.

No, you can't ask Airbnb to get involved. This has nothing to do with them.