Very Poor App Support

Martin-and-Jo0
Level 5
Penrith, United Kingdom

Very Poor App Support

I am a host of some 5 years, have 7 listings managed through Airbnb and have been an App user from the outset.

Is it just me or does Airbnb have the very worst support mechanism for their apps and other interfaces?

I have had several problems with the Android App for approx a month now where:

1. the "Listing" detail and "Booking Settings" for any given listing under "Listings" does not work - I am left with the three dots (...) pacing across the screen and have to hit the "Back" button to get back to the App.
  2. similarly after accessing the Calendar for any given listing and try to access the "Calendar Settings" for that Calendar I get the same three dots.
  3. more recently after getting the latest update I've found that I can only see Messages up to about a week ago. If I try to scroll down for older messages I get the same three dots

Now I am getting these problems with the Beta version and the public release of the App so it does not appear to be related to the Beta release alone.

I'm very tech savvy having been a program developer myself in the past and have done all the normal things like deleting the app data, uninstalling and reinstalling the app and relogging in... and nothing changes any of these technical problems.

But my MAIN problem now seems to be getting anyone at Airbnb App dev support to talk to me with regards the above!!!

In the App under feedback there is a mechanism that supposedly allows a user to report a "Bug" but although I have used this several times it seems to be a one way channel with no confirmation/acklowledgement of receipt or reply to say what they are doing about it or suggestions for a fix/"work around" etc. Just a BIG FAT SILENCE...

I've also resorted to adding the problems to the App Review section of Google Play to elicit a response! NADA!

I've also send emails to the email address in the Beta program info panel on the apps Google Play listing. ZILCH!

I feel like shouting "HELLO...? IS THERE ANYBODY THERE...?" or setting up a seance to see if I can make contact!!!

Somebody in the right place in Airbnb please HELP me. The App is slowly dying and being out and about (without access to a laptop) is my normal modus operandi and rely on a reliable app to manage all my Airbnb Activity.

Regards

Martin

0 Replies 0