Videos

Gabriela684
Level 2
Hollywood, FL

Videos

Hi,

I want to know if my efforts will be wasted. I want to create videos to better portrait house layouts and amenities of my listings. But I see hosts with videos getting the video URL blocked. Why is this and do I correct it??

Why does Airbnb block videos?? Doesn't make sense to me, it improves the guests experience on what to expect, it's good Customer Service and better for hosts that don't need to answer repetitive questions. In an era were people are to busy to read, it's surprising for me that Airbnb would block this option!

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated 🙂

8 Replies 8
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I imagine Airbnb blocks video content because they would have no way of monitoring it and unscrupulous hosts could use it to promote direct ways of contacting them or include inappropriate content. @Gabriela684 

If you want to create video put it on your own channels/send to guests on booking.

Yeah I hear you Helen. In my case, no matter what, I would ALWAYS prefer bookings through the platform because of insurance coverage for the properties. I wouldn't understand why someone would put their properties at risk to save a couple of bucks. But if that's the case, they should block people that do that, not penalize everyone for possible bad seeds.

Anyway, too bad hearing that it's not possible 😞 it sucks cause videos do sell and help guests make informed decisions before even booking.

Thank you for your reply!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Gabriela684  I don't think Helen was in any way suggesting that you book off-platform, but just that you make the video available through another channel that you can direct already booked guests to.

Yeah for sure Sarah, Hellen's opinion and suggestion was clear for me and appreciated.

I was just commenting my own opinion about people that book outside platform, because it means putting their properties at risk to save pennies. Still don't get it. 

I understood Hellen's suggestion refers to sending the URL to already booked guests.

Chris11565
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

Came to the community to find out why ABB doesn't allow video walkthroughs on our listings. It's simply unbelievable that ABB doesn't provide this. All the MLS (multiple listing services) figured out years ago how to have an unbranded, property-only, no "hidden contact info," no-external link video. Literally millions of homes have videos that consumers can see that don't compromise the MLS or its members. Shame on AirBnb for not having done this 5 years ago.

I would love to add small videos during covid so I can show guests how things work without actually being in their space!    

When they are already booked, you can send them links, @Gabrielle84 . Upload your videos and set them to private on YouTube, for instance, then send the links through the Airbnb messaging. 

Thanks!  That worked great!