Washing machine

Alexandra213
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Washing machine

Hello, we have been hosting for a couple of years now and our front loader washing machine (in our house, not the listings) is giving up. 
I would love some advice on what to replace it with - top loader or another front loader? Also if any make you would recommend? We have 2 listings and so have many sheets etc to wash. 
Many thanks in advance! 

5 Replies 5
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Salut @Alexandra213,

We have been experienced both types of the washing machine.

In present we are using a front-load with dryer, but we still prefer a top load for Airbnb listing home.

Because a top load is more energy saving, convenient, quicky to wash and less expensive.

In addition, we've got a second-hand dryer with separate coast.

Summary of Our Reviews

Comparison Factor Washer Type

Which is easier to use?Top Load
How quickly do they wash?Top Load
Which cleans better?Front Load
PriceDraw
Which uses less water?Front Load
Installation flexibilityFront Load
Spin speed - performance on water extractionFront Load
The smell/mold issueTop Load

* check out the youtube link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoXUMMmZf10

Best,     

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Alexandra213  when I look for a washing machine, one with a short programme that can be adjusted to a higher temperature is preferable. Maintaining a high hygienic standard is important,  but also a high capacity when there is a lot to wash. Efficient spinning cycle will reduce the drying time. When buying a new washing machine some years ago, a Samsung met my criteria, but it depends what is available in your part of the world.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Alexandra213 

I use a top loader, mainly because it fits easier in a small space.

The drum in a top loader is mounted on 2 points, wich makes them more silent and stable.

The entry to the drum is smaller, so less suitable for washing "big" things, like a thick duvet.

There is less choixe in models, only a few brands are producing them.

Very interesting points on the mechanics of washers here.

I can only add, front loaders are more prone to leaks if guests load them incorrectly. But the extra meter or so of usable surface space counts for a lot in smaller rooms. 

Alexandra213
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Thank you everyone! This is not for guests use, we offer a laundry service if they require washing done. This is mainly for bed linen washes between guests’ stays, the machine will be in our main house.