We are due £7000 from Airbnb

Jill548
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

We are due £7000 from Airbnb

And nobody can tell us why and it’s been 3 months of waiting...

15 Replies 15
Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jill548 

Jill,

I can only speculate on the reason for your 3 months delay.

In July Airbnb sent emails to UK Hosts requesting UPDATE of Payment Method and if the Update wasn't done then payments would be paused..

Consequently, I wonder if you ignored this email from Airbnb?

Check your personal email archive for July. 

In July I advised one Host how to do the Update as noted in this thread

Email from Airbnb requiring info or payouts will be paused

I hope this helps.

Jill548
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

I have changed my payment details from bank transfer to PayPal. Nothing works. 

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jill548 

Jill, I suggest you may do better by at least asking CC Moderators for help.

I've tagged one, Stephanie. Perhaps she can help bring your case to the attention of Airbnb Management. I expect Stephanie will answer you in the morning.

Online Community Manager

Jill548
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Thank you very much but I have had 3 case managers and they keep telling me not to worry. I am worried. Very worried. I’ve now taken my listings offline. I’ve granted Airbnb the bookings that were made right in until today. It was soul destroying working flat out for the whole of July and August for no money : (

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jill548 

Keep persevering! 

You'll get the money eventually.

Jill548
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Alon who are you? Do you work for Airbnb? I see you’re level 10 what does that mean?

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jill548 

Jill, I'm a Host just as you are and no more. 

This is a Community Centre for Hosts & Guests alike.

The Levels simply refer to the amount of participation on the Community Centre and accumulates over time. 

Stephanie is one of the Administrators of the Community Centre. That's why she has 'Admin' tagged to her name. She is one of three who run the English speaking part of CC. The other two are Lizzie and Quincy. They are otherwise called 'Moderators'. They are not employees of Airbnb, but do have channels of communication to Airbnb and often help with various issues arising on CC. That's why I suggested Stephanie maybe able to help you.

Lastly, please note if you wish to address anyone by name and ensure they receive notification,

please use the @ sign and a drop down menu appears with list of contributors to that particular thread.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Alon1, I hope you're well. 

I just want to thank you for explaining everything to @Jill548. I've passed this on to the team so hopefully they'll get back quickly to Jill. 

Have a lovely day!

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Jill548
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

I certainly hope so. 3 whole months of waiting to get paid and to keep being persuaded by Airbnb during telephone conversations to keep hosting leaves me with a very bitter taste indeed. 

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Quincy @Jill548 

I hope support from you & Stephanie will make the difference and Jill is paid a.s.a.p.

Jill has clearly gone through a nightmare experience, and should not have subjected to it.

Jill548
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Alon thank you for your support. 

Jill548
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Who is Stephanie. Did she decide not to get in touch with me after all?

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Jill548 no, they get tagged a lot so she might have missed this post but @Quincy answered which is basically the same. I am sure you will get a response soon. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Jill548 ,

I message you on the 17th of September and can see you have read the message. Do let me know if you need me to resend. I have already escalated your case and the team is awaiting your call with the correct steps in place to get you back on the right track.

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines