Weekend pricing not working

Ronan4
Level 1
Ireland

Weekend pricing not working

When I set a weekend rate, the prices do not take effect or update on the calendar. Why might this be?

12 Replies 12
Bob43
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

My guess would be that you turned smart pricing on. This overrides weekends rates. If you would still ike to use different rates for your weekends, you can change the prices manually for each weekend.

Hi Bob, thanks for replying. I'm having the same issue, but notice that even after I set custom weekend pricing, smart pricing ignores it on random weekends.

One such reservation was an instant book and so I lost out on weekend pricing.

Another allowed me to change the reservation amount and message the guest to review the higher amount before she booked.

This latest one is a request to book, and there's no special offer button in the pricing window or place to change the reservation.

Any ideas on what to do in this situation? It's not financially feasible for me to accept midweek smart pricing rates for Fridays and Saturdays, but I don't want to decline the reso since there are penalties for that. I'm left with messaging the guest and avoiding accepting or declining, which is a not ideal way to work with my guests.

I had the same problem today (which is how I landed on this thread).  I found that by toggling the weekend pricing box off and then back on and inserting my weekend rate, it finally worked.  You may want to try that.

Sabine

Hello Sabine,

Did you toggle the Weekend price off and on again or the Smart pricing?

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Gregor

George591
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

I'm having this same issue in March of 2019. I've set my weekend price to $95, turned "smart" pricing off the weekend, but when I try to book the highest price I get is $78 for the weekends. Very frustrating.

same here

Ollie27
Level 1
Newmarket, United Kingdom

I'm getting this too. It's utterly ridiculous that Airbnb is not responding to this. 

Deidre1
Level 4
Nashville, TN

yes, it would be great to have a smart pricing override for weekends.

Jennifer2392
Level 2
Stevenson, WA

Anyone called Airbnb? 

Richard531
Level 10
California, United States

Same problem here. . .

Blair94
Level 2
Cambridge, MA

I opened "weekend nightly price" then changed the price a couple times.  I hit "save" and the calendar reloaded with the weekend prices.

Ralph187
Level 2
Pittsburgh, PA

Now I am really frustrated.  same issue repeatedly.  However, on my smartphone I can find the "weekend pricing" and try to change it but it will NOT save.  On my office desktop computer, I cannot even find the weekend pricing option.

where is it.

Then I get the following from my attempts to post this:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  •  
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 37FF74E2.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.