When guest marks sheets as missing, but they weren't! How does it affect listing?

Marina901
Level 2
Kapolei, HI

When guest marks sheets as missing, but they weren't! How does it affect listing?

A guest listed linens as missing in the feedback after checkout. but I provide bedding for the bed (of course) and extra bedding for the futon couch. The guest wanted extra in addition to this but instead of requesting it they just marked it as missing in the review. Which doesn’t make any sense to me. Totally unfair. I don’t say that 6 ppl can sleep here. I say 4 ppl can, with a queen and futon couch.  Are we supposed to provide extra set of sheets?

How is does this affect my listing? Does Airbnb penalize my listing because of this? 

Another guest accidentally maked things as missing when actually they thought they were marking things we provided. So now 2 guests have marked linens missing. Does it matter or no?

4 Replies 4
Ioanna22
Level 2
Athens, Greece

How long was their stay? For bookings longer than three/four nights people might expect extra linens.I have guests ,at the moment, staying for six nights and I have stored in the closet extra sheets ,towels,pillowcases etc. for them to use. Have you tried to message them asking why they marked bed linens as missing? 

Thanks @Loanna0 ! That’s good to know. I have guests that stay for a week at a time and I haven’t been providing extra sheets. I do provide extra towels though. 

I didnt know I could still contact them after they checked out. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Marina901 

I could not locate a recent review mentioning bedlines missing. So was it in private feedback ?

Then who cares ! Your listing shows 4 guests maximum, so why did this guest wanted bedlinen for 6 persons ? Maybe better ignore such comments.

Best regards,

Emiel

Thanks @Emiel1 ! I was worried it would affect my ranking in Airbnb... yes it was in private feedback and she marked linens as missing in the section where they can check off missing items. I’ll ignore it if it doesn’t affect my listing.