Why are the cities of residence for my guests displayed in non-English alphabet?

June153
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Why are the cities of residence for my guests displayed in non-English alphabet?

Hi all,

I'm noticing that the city of residence for my guests is not displayed in English, but rather in alphabets that are not familair to me as an English speaker.

This is happening to enough guests who are evidently not of that culture that I now suspect a glitch in the system. Can anyone confirm or comment on this?

Photos are NOT attached, this thread doesn't appear to accept uploads (?)

Thanks for your comments!

5 Replies 5

@June153 it seems to be a bug that other hosts have noticed. I've had a guest in the last week from Australia, residence is Australia but his country showed up in Russian on my laptop.

June153
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Yes I think so too. Thanks @Rachel177 .

Any ideas how we flag this bug to airbnb themselves? Do they monitor this thread?

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@June153   I am seeing this also.  The location shows up as some type of Asian language, but when I click on the actual profile it gives the location to me in English.  Very strange.

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@June153   Same here.  Just another one of Airbnb's lovely glitches.  Multi-million dollar company who can't seem to come up with a reasonably functioning platform.  😛

Susan1188
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

Me too!  I'm glad you posted I thought it was a hack!  My account was hacked earlier in the year I'm always paranoid now.