daily cleaning fees

Ory2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

daily cleaning fees

can anybody please tell me how can i apply in my pricing list a daily cleaning fee rather than the single fee for booking which is the only one i could find?

I think is not fair to apply the same fee to a booking of one day as to a booking of one or two weeks. Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2
Susan1188
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

@Ory2I'm afraid its not possible!    It is possible on other platforms you can put a nightly charge or weekly charge but not here.

I wish someone will post here and tell me I'm wrong.

I totally agree with you, I would like to put a WEEKLY charge for either changing the sheets or leaving an extra set of sheets on site.  Laundering sheets is super, super expensive.

When people book over 1 week, you have to provide an extra laundry service, and you can't charge for it.  On the contrary most people think they should be getting a discount for a long term booking!

At the same time my question is:  why do you clean for them every day?  Or is it just that you find longer stays make for more cleaning at the end (me too I find that).

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Ory2 You can't. You might think it isn't fair, but that is the way AirBNB operates. You can workaround this in several ways. One, simply raise your nightly rate with no cleaning free; 2- keep the cleaning fee but add a discount for additional nights; 3- don't worry about what is "fair" and simply feel comfortable with the current setup with the nightly fee and one-time cleaning charge.