Why has airbnb removed spam as reason for declining a enquiry

Aditya20
Level 2
New Delhi, India

Why has airbnb removed spam as reason for declining a enquiry

I am hosting over 300 people a year on Airbnb and I live in India where over 80% of all local travelers are either asking for a discount or asking to communicate outside airbnb. While I report all of them It takes a lot of time and effort to do now as you have to first give a reason for cancellation and then report the user separately this not only increases our decline rate but also drops our views and bookings especially in off season months

Until last year we were able to report spam while rejecting a booking why is that not a reason to reject a booking any more because logic would say that a spammer should get declined straight off

This becomes even more troublesome in high value listings which are vacation getaways  away from the City.

What do you guys think ?

1 Reply 1
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Aditya20 Inquiry never has to be declined, only answered

Requests must be accepted or declined, but they are accepted at your real prices with all your rules intact.

Just bc someone asks for discount or to talk off-line isn't necessarily a reason that they can't be accepted. "Our pricing is reasonable and good, there are no more discounts. Would you like to still come?"

"We always follow ABB rules and keep all communication and all transactions on the platform. Would you still like to come?"

In severe cases, yes, you can call CS and ask them to intervene but I agree that any phone call with them is a pain and wastes precious time