account hacked, lack of response from AirBnB

Mona107
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

account hacked, lack of response from AirBnB

I'm incredibly frustrated. Two days ago, someone hacked my account and booked $950 on my AirBnB account. 

I tried to login, only to learn that my password and phone number was changed by the hacker. I tried reaching out to AirBnB through Twitter, the help forums, and by phone. Only to be told that there would be a ticket made to assist with the issue. I spoke with a total of three different people at AirBnB, and the last person I spoke with (who blocked my account) said that someone else would be in touch to help with my account.

In the time it took to reach you, three additional charges went through my account. I called PayPal, who immediately removed you as a payee.

It's two days later, and I've only received an email from you asking if I'm "disputing a charge." I've changed my password, it looks like my account is secure. But your company has barely been in touch. 

I need someone to contact me immediately to get all of this resolved. 

1 Reply 1
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Mona107 

this is just host's forum, not Airbnb help center, we are just hosts like you and are helping each other with some advice, nothing more we can do. You have to be persistent and continue to chase Airbnb for a refund.

I am sorry it happened to you, unfortunately, you are not the only one.

@Airbnb4