app airbnb

app airbnb

Hi, which app address do I download for airbnb hosting please?

8 Replies 8
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

If I am understanding you, @Anonymous, you want to know which app to download to your smartphone. The correct one will look like this in your app store:

airbnbapp.PNG

Is that what you are asking? If you need further help, just mention what sort of phone you have. Android, iphone, etc.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Anonymous,

Just to add to @Lawrene0's great response here, there aren't seperate Airbnb apps for hosting and travelling. There is just one app. Once you log into the Airbnb app with your hosting account, the app will also show you an icon for your hosting dashboard.

I hope this helps.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lawrene, when we add the app to my wife's iphone it doesnt have the option for hosting. Is it something to do with settings in the Airbnb account?

Hi, @Anonymous. First of all, if you have a question for a certain person in the forum, just put @ in front of their name, as I have done with yours here. I missed seeing your question until now.

So, as @Lizzie says, it is the same app for hosting and travelling. To switch from travelling to hosting, you need to touch the PROFILE icon at the bottom of your screen. (I am using an Android, but I assume it is similar on your iPhone.) You will see that one of your options in the next screen is Switch to Hosting. Use that spot to switch back and forth between travelling and hosting when you need. 

Thanks @Lawrene, the profile section on my app shows 'switch to travelling/hosting' but on Maria's app there is no option?

There is no profile icon on her app, @Anonymous? Or there is, but the next screen does not include the option to switch? Either way, that is strange. It should work on her phone exactly the way it does on yours. There are no separate hosting and travelling apps. Without being able to see what you see, I would say to try deleting it and then reinstalling. 

And sorry about not being clear with the tagging (@) advice. You need to type @, but then click on the person you want from the dropdown that instantly shows up. I told you to type @ before the name, when I should have said type @ and then choose the name. 

Will you let us know what happens when/if you reinstall the app? 

Hi @Lawrene0, I have reinstalled the app on the phone. Maria has setup through the settings section in profile. There is still no section 'switch to traveller/hosting?'

Oh! I think I might understand now, @Anonymous.  Is she using her host account, or has she set up a new account? If she has set up a brand new account, then she is not a host and will not have the "switch" option until she has a listing. Did you want her to be co-host of the one you have under your account?