bed linen

Bo6
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

bed linen

Hello,

I'm having repeated problems with bed linen policy.

I say in the section "other things to note" that I do not provide bed linen but I keep getting people who instant book and then say they can't bring their own linen.

Any ideas on how or where to state my linen policy so people see it and understand it? Other ideas? (I definiteyl don't want to provide linen though)

Thanks,

Bo

10 Replies 10
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Most people do not read the details, heading and a few photos, nothing much else. You mention it cearly in your listing but it is beyond the usual point which most people look at.

1. Supply linen and up your charge.

2. When people book confirm back with a message including the key points such as bring your own. This will not always work, I was asked about something recently that I had actually specifically told them about in advance.

David
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

It is very simple: Reshoot the pictures, but do not show the beds made up. It is confusing to see linen but actually be able to use them...

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Bo6

Perhaps turn off IB and inform your guests before they commit to book.

Jim-and-Marcia0
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Nice looking place. It seems unusual not to provide bed linen and towels, so I would vote for you to provide them and up your per night charge. Be sure to get good quality to hold up to repeated washing.  

If you plan not to provide bed linen and towels, then be sure to tell people upfront that the rental does not include such and they will need to bring their own. You may want to mention it in serveral places so people don't miss it. In the text, in the photo captions, and when you first message with them for sure.

I agree it's confusing to see the beds made and towels in the bathroom, when you're not providing all that is needed. I've travelled the Great Ocean Road and as an international traveller I would not be travelling with my own bed linens. But if catering to folks who are not far from home, it might work out. Good luck.

Tina20
Level 2
Ahmedabad, India

Hi

1. Better to provide linen and up your charge

2. Click pictures without linen

3. Put it in first mail to them

It is difficult to carry linen for the guest...

Cheers!!

Tina

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You are going to constantly run into problems as you have IB and your place looks lovely. Most people on holidays or travelling wouldnt dream of having to bring bed linen and towels with them. You say 'perfect for families, a couple's weekend away' - the photos are inviting and hey presto they book.

And you have that hidden away in 'Other Things to Note'. It doesn;t appear on your summary view of your listing.

I would put something as unusual as that in your main descprition so that it is seen.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Bo6

The place blows my mind, wow!

You have gotten good advice here. I noticed that there is absolutely no mention of the bring-your-own linens in the house rules. If you still think you want to go through with having guests do that I'd certainly  add it there to make it clearer. I

From a traveler perspective: if I had the good fortune and funds 🙂 to be able to take off sufficient time and go to your area, the last thing I'd want to do is be bothered with having to buy linens and lug them along with my other luggage.

I could understand if it was a rustic cabin in the woods, but even then... and the rest of your apartment is so amazing, I'd really recommend you re-think your present policy, esp. if you do supply towels? Makes it all a bit confusing.

Sharon114
Level 10
Lincoln, United Kingdom

Your place looks lovely but I agree that it is not clear that linens are not provided.  From a guest prospective I personally would not want to have to bring my own linens, especially if I was travelling with a family.  I suspect that you may be losing bookings because of this policy after all, if guests are travelling from place to place they probably have a fair bit of luggage already.  It makes sense to increase your rates a little and provide bedding.  Of course it is your listing and you must do as you see fit.

Mike161
Level 2
Rich Avon West, Australia

Hi Bo,
We are having the same discussion here at Anglesea. When we travel we expect linen to be provided.

We have decided to offer linen and today spoke to a lady at Aireys who will hire linen at reasonable rates.
She also suggested Colac laundry which may be better for you.
Good luck!
Mike
Anastacia0
Level 3
Phoenix, AZ

Might be better to keep IB, move that important info UP front and Center, and after they book, point out rule #3, for example and tell them you hope this is not a problem, (as it is NOT a secret, but they may not READ!!) but wanted to be sure.

I don't offer my wifi bc of past illegal downloads...guess what...they don't read, and then ask for a password.