block booking

Natalie10
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

block booking

Hi I am going on Holiday in the Easter Holidays and would to find a way so that my flat gets booked the whole time by one couple. I would make a special offer but I can't work out how to do it? I know I can change the settings to set a minimum days but I don't want that to be the case for before and after the holiday?

6 Replies 6

Hello @Natalie10,

What I would've done is:

1) Edited the lisitng name to "Easter Discount: Name of the lisitng", just to attract potential guests

2) Mentioned in the description right on top, about the Offer and made it clear that I was only accepting a weekly booking for the Easter week.

3) De-activated instant booking, so that no one ends up booking my place for a shorter period that week, ignoring the description.

Good luck,

Jeet 🙂

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Natalie10,

Might I suggest a different approach?

I agree that you could add a special note in your title as @Jeet0 suggests to drum up interest.  I would also change the pricing on your calendar to the price you wish per night during those dates to increase interest.  I would then set a "requirement" under the minimum and maximum nights for specific dates.  This way, anyone who wishes to book during this time would have to book the entire time in order to book.  In this instance, you could also leave IB on if you wish.

Here is a Community Help Guide showing how to do this (scroll down to the section "Requirements Specific Dates"): https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Setting-Minimum-and-Maximum-Night-Stay-A-Community-Help-...

Here is an example.  Let's say my family is going away for a week and we want someone in for the whole week (April 10 -17).  I would set a requirement and choose "Requirements Specific Dates" and then choose the dates April 10 - 17.  If I wanted them to stay the entire time, I would choose "Minimum 7 nights" and in this case since I probably want them to be there before we leave, I would choose that they must "check in on Sundays".  

requirement1.png

Once you apply these settings, it will show up as under Min/Max stays section.

requirement2.png

@Natalie10, Please make sure to play around with this if this is the way you are planning on going.  I did give it a try and it does seem to let me choose to book before the tenth and checkout during the week after so be cautious.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks for rightly guiding @Dave-and-Deb0, I just now figured out how to apply such restrictions and was about to update Natalie as well but glad you came to the rescue 😄

Some Airbnb features really need to get more visibility.

Natalie10
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Jeet0 still i like the idea of making a specific offer for those dates!

That's brilliant just what I needed and have done so, Many thanks!

This does not work.
You can set a rule for sepecific dates; select five nights and set a rule that a guest has to book a minimum of five nights within this period starting at the first night, which seems like it will work. But a guest can book the day before the first night with the rule you just set and stay for as long or as little as they want, the calender completly ignores the rule you set and you get screwed.
So a guest can book two nights starting the night before your rule and ending the second day of the period you set the rule, thus defeating the purpose of the rule! 

Currently there seems to be no way around this.