booking request

Victoria824
Level 1
Invermere, Canada

booking request

I have a request that I approved the request was for "Katie", the profile does not contain any information about the guest.  The selfie is of a male that doesnt look like a "Katie"..does air bb review applicants before they verify.

I am feeling nervous now having this indvidual in my home

3 Replies 3
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Victoria824 you can and you should communicate with your future guests. Ask this guest to fill out his profile and anything else you want to know in order to feel more comfortable. If he refuses, contact Airbnb and have them cancel the reservation penalty free. 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Victoria824 @Ana1136 

Hey don't panic, I had 2 male Guests booking in sucession on accounts they share with their wife last year. There profiles had a woman on but shared details.

In the first instance, I thought, oh a man who's changing to a woman, alas I couldn't have been more wrong, he turned out to be a supercool man, married with children & very religious.

Sometimes people share an account with their family or friends for whatever reason & simply need a roof over there head.

Ask questions, suggest  they complete their profile & shoot from the hip who is coming  etc.

All the best

Central To All Home & Location, Auckland, NZ

Deanne26
Level 2
Texas, United States

First, dont accept reservations from anyone not verified. You can change you settings so that only verified ppl can request a booking. Im sure it's fine but i would message the guest and clarify information. Be honest and tell them you need to have more inforamtion and get them verified before you can allow them to stay. Never can be too safe these days. If you don't get satifactory results contact airbnb immediately. Good luck