cannot publish my listing

cannot publish my listing

The moment i click on publish the page goes in an infinite loop showing - something went wrong - Try again.

"It could be that the internet connection went down. Try again."  And if I click on try again, it shows the same message again.

12 Replies 12
Alesia0
Level 1
Sunny Isles Beach, FL

me too

Elizabeth237
Level 1
Vancouver, WA

I am getting this message as well.  Has there been a solution.  I tried clearing my cache and updating my browser, and i've tried it on Chrome and Firefox.

Did it work for you? I have been sitting in front of my computer for nearly 2 hours trying to figure the problem out. I hope you are right 🙂

Emirate0
Level 1
Enugu, Nigeria

I also have the same problem

@Emirate0:  the character length in the description area may be to lengthy.  Check and make sure you haven't gone over the max amount of characters allowed by shortening the description.  The number of characters still allowed should be in the upper right area outside the box if I remembered correctly.  The title may also be to lengthy.  Hope this info helps.

@Karen-and-Will0 I've tried a number of alternative descriptions and titles, always ensure I'm well within the maximum character count shown. No difference in the outcome: still shows the unhelpful message, "It could be that the internet connection went down. Try again."

Iana0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi all,

I had exact same problem and tried all sort of browsers and it was giving me the same error.

Community host David advised me to try listing through my app. Initially it didn't work. But after I logged out of my app and logged back in the whole interface of the app changed quite a bit and I was able to rewrite my title and short description and publish the listing. 

Good luck guys!

Technical suppport from Airbnb never came back to me 😞

Thuy3
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Am having the same problem. Have logged out, logged in, used a different browser. All to no avail. This is supposed to be a successful tech startup???? They can't even make a reliable website!

Mike-and-Jo0
Level 2
Hawke's Bay, New Zealand

FIXED! After cursing AirBNB after attempts on Chrome, Fireforx, IE and Edge all failed, I just downloaded the AirBNB Mobile App. It showed me that I had not set a check-out time. I set this, along with the other fields the website had been prompting me to re-do each time (Property Description and Title) and it then let me Publish it live.

Anyone reading this may want to check that their check-out time is set and saved since my suspicion is that this field is not validated when AirBNB gives you the green ticks showing you're ready to publish. 

Either way, using the mobile app to complete my listing has worked. Tuki Vineyard Cottage is finally online with AirBNB!

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Mike-and-Jo0 and @Thuy3,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue preventing you from publishing your listing. I am very pleased to update you that this has now been resolved. 🙂

If you haven’t already published your listing, the quickest way to proceed with this is to take the following steps:

1. Close your browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc) and open a new browser session. Visit airbnb.com and login to your account
  2. Visit ‘Your Listings’ tab under your Host Dashboard
  3. Click the Red ‘Finish Listing’ button
  4. Click on Step 2: “Continue" and fill out any remaining information (note: You may have to re-enter your description, title, or photos)
  5. Click 'Publish Listing'!

We are really sorry for any frustration this may have caused.

Please do let me know how you get on and if you have any additional questions on this.

Thanks,

Kirstie

Screenshot 2021-10-16 at 14.08.42.pngI keep on having the message that my pricing should be between 9 and 21,554 euros. I set a base price at 400, but it doesn't want to publish. I also cannot add the cleaning fee. This is my 4th listing and I have never experienced this before... Can anyone help? 

Screenshot 2021-10-16 at 14.08.42.pngI keep on having the message that my pricing should be between 9 and 21,554 euros. I set a base price at 400, but it doesn't want to publish. I also cannot add the cleaning fee. I have tried different browsers, changed all the data, etc. This is my 4th listing and I have never experienced this before... Can anyone help?