cohost payments

Answered!
Lori66
Level 1
Patchogue, NY

cohost payments

I had very briefly added a friend as a cohost.

It didn't work out.

I tried to remove her & in fact, cannot find anywhere in the listing where she still is listed in any way.

However, I just found out (accidentally, by downloading my transaction history) that she has been receiving automatic payments when I have hosted, directly into her paypal account.

I still want her removed as a co-host. 
I thought she was already removed, but obviously she IS STILL LISTED SOMEWHERE as a cohost, or why would they still keep sending her money?

I will still request her to pay that money back, but I want AIRBNB to remove her permanently. 
HELP!!
1 Best Answer
Simi1
Level 3
North Bergen, NJ

Hi @Lori66,

I am a co-host myself on several listings and have some insight. To remove a co-host, go to the booking setting of the listing (you have to do this on each listing that she is a co-host on if you have more than one). Using the app, under booking settings you will find a field called "Management" all the way at the bottom, then a tab called "Co-hosts." When you click on this, you will be able to see the co-host(s) associated with that listing and remove them or add another co-host.

I hope that helps!

Simi

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Lori66

I don't know how cohost works, but have you checked your payout preferences in the account section of the dashboard.

Someone with more knowledge of cohosting will pop along soooooon.

Simi1
Level 3
North Bergen, NJ

Hi @Lori66,

I am a co-host myself on several listings and have some insight. To remove a co-host, go to the booking setting of the listing (you have to do this on each listing that she is a co-host on if you have more than one). Using the app, under booking settings you will find a field called "Management" all the way at the bottom, then a tab called "Co-hosts." When you click on this, you will be able to see the co-host(s) associated with that listing and remove them or add another co-host.

I hope that helps!

Simi

Hi Simi,

I'm trying to determine the best way to set up a new listing for a client of mine. I am a Host of my own property, as well as now doing co-hosting for clients. If my client has an active listing and brings me on, I know how to work it with the payout methods and routing rules. Now I just got a client that does not have a listing at all. I would be the one creating it, photos, etc. I will also be handling all transactions and check ins, etc. 

FYI in my market guest typically book one week stays 6 to 8 months in advance.

I'm struggling with the Airbnb Co-Host Riddle: I was worried if I set up a listing in my CLIENTS name, and I am only a co-host, then they could potentially shut me off right before any check ins. Although the woman's post below seems to indicate that that cannot happen if I was co-host during the booking. Am I protected? 

Also, if I'm spending my time and $ setting up a new listing, and the clients decide to cancel my services at any point, I'm out of luck and they have a listing that I created. If I 'own' the listing, and they try and cut me out, they lose the listing, the reviews, etc. correct?

I'm just trying to make some smart business decisions that don't leave me exposed as I grow my business. 

Any insight is appreciated. 

Thanks,

Nicole

Thanks so much Simi. This was exactly what I was looking for.  It may have changed a little bit.  Now I have the choice to leave her as co-host but turn off shared earnings.  If that still causes problems, I’ll know within a few bookings and I can use the option of removing her from our profile.  But it looks like there is now an option to continue with her access to the calendar and email threads without Airbnb automatically paying her a percentage.  This seems to have been a mistake I made on one of our 3 listings, because the other two already had Shared Earnings turned off.  Learner’s error — now fixed because of your kind sharing.

Robin44
Level 3
Boston, MA

I'm having a serious problem with the way airbnb has the cohosting set up.  Basically the cohost payments are set in stone if the guest made the reservation while they were the co-host!  Thankfully my daughter was my cohost, she moved to Brooklyn in August and I deleted her COMPLETELY from everything, including each listing.  Guess what?  she called me to tell me that she got a HUGE direct deposit from airbnb $7200.  I'm about to call them for the third time about that...which is some other bookkeeping problem  The bigger problem is that there is no way to turn off payments for reservations that were made while the person was a co-host.  So if you fire someone and your reservations are 4 months out, they will continue to get their co-host fee no matter what you do....this means (for me anyway) that the co hosting option is useless and as a business owner I can NOT use it.....nor can I get anyone on support to do anything about it.  

Have you had any luck? I just found out that co-hosting fees are getting removed unfairly during l from my future bookings as well and this co-host did nothing to deserve it. 

Heather68
Level 2
Charleston, SC

I am I also getting cohost fees removed from my account even though my cohost was only on my account for 2 weeks. I removed her from co-host right away. This needs to get fixed because the co-host has done nothing to earn a future payment. Who should I call?

Any reservations that were booked while you had that co-host, they will get a direct deposit payment for from airbnb. According to airbnb there's nothing they can do to change it. It's really amazing to me and useless because of that.  I'm sure it has to do with the integration of the banking system and their bookkeeping but I wouldn't use a co-host.  You can create a cleaning fee and have that passed on instead as I think that one can be cancelled for some reason.  Good luck!

So what Airbnb is telling you are ask lies. I uncovered this section in their own legal documents for hosts. You can refer to section 7.4.5 where it stays that co-host are NOT allowed to receive any co-host fees after their termination. Airbnb support confirmed it to me as a technical error and are rectifying the situation with all hosts. I'll keep you posted but it is a tax issue for all of us. 

Has this been resolved?  Will co hosts continue to receive payments for bookings that they did not cohost?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Not if you remove them as a co-host @Shelley319 

David4603
Level 1
Tittensor, United Kingdom

Hi 

I have a AirBNB in italy and use a co-host to manage mine and other host bookings.

However, payments are slow and non-existant despite being fully booked in July, August and September. Is there a way to force payments to be made or freeze payments until issue is resolved?