consultation requests and instant booking

Andreia89
Level 1
Gondomar, Portugal

consultation requests and instant booking

Hi!

Can you tell me if, when we have an instant booking, if we have one or more consultation requests that we approve if the instant booking change in a booking request?
I had two consultation requests that I approved and a reservation request for matching dates, and before 24 hours one of the pre-approved consultation requests expired without having a chance to select which option is most convenient for me !!!

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry not sure I understand your questions @Andreia89  but if you use Instant Book it does what it 'says on the tin' - your guest can confirm a booking without making a request through you first and long as they meet any restrictions laid down in your house rules  and other restrictions such as having profile photos and photographic ID.

If you want to have discussions with a guest before accepting a booking you need to change your booking to 'request to book'.

Thanks @Helen3 

Yeah, but the gut was that I have the instant booking enabled and had 2 consultation requests that I approved and then a "reservation request" to accept or decline. Was it for having approved 2 consultations? even having instant booking enabled ?!

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

If you are indeed set up for Instant Booking and the guest meets your requirements if you have any, their reservation immediately blocks your calendar.  The booking might take a bit longer to fund depending on the payment method.  Meanwhile, the guest can still send you messages and ask questions.

Thanks @Linda108 

But the gut was that I have the instant booking enabled and had 2 consultation requests that I approved and then a "reservation request" to accept or decline. Was it for having approved 2 consultations? even having instant booking enabled ?!