extra guest

extra guest

Hello! I'm new to being a host we have only had 2 people rent our entire home. I currently have someone there who listed it as one guest but I have been informed by my neighbor that there is a total of 9 people there. I assumed it would be 2-4 people but not 9 while the listing can hold 10 people I wasn't told by the original guest that there would be this many. I wasn't aware of the extra charge for guest. What would you do with the extra guest there right now? How much do you normally charge per guest per night when there are extra guest?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2
Flavia195
Level 10
Grande Prairie, Canada

@Sarah2479 , hi. I usually charge 1/2 night rate for extra guest after 1. 

We calculate water use and gas. 

Kaylee18
Level 10
Hamilton, Canada

@Sarah2479    Hey Sarah 🙂 

A lot of my guests who book forget to change the amount of guests who are coming. So it will show 1 guest, but there are really 2. 

Since your listing says up to 10 people, I would assume whoever booked did not think it was an issue to have 9 guests total (maybe they missed changing the number of guests). 

As for the extra charge, for this group of 9, if you didn't specify in your listing that there is an extra charge, then you can't ask them for more money. But you can add in your listing for the next group who books that you are charging an extra $10 or whatever amount you choose, per person. And I've only seen most hosts charge the extra person amount when it exceeds the number of guests the listing allows. Your listing allows 10 guests, so technically most hosts would only charge when there are more than 10 guests. Hope that makes sense 🙂