guest cancellation

Lorraine18
Level 1
Kirkliston, United Kingdom

guest cancellation

i have a guest who was meant to arrive around 8pm.  They have been advised that they have decided to go to the pub instead and arrive at out house ar 11.30pm. this is unacceptable - can i cancel?

3 Replies 3
Sara2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

No you will be penalised unless it was IB you need to message them that the account holder should come and get the keys from you and then they can go to any pub they want

Mala0
Level 7
Torquay, United Kingdom

Sorry this guest has done this to you!..

some just dont get it is your home and not a 24/7 business.  people dont get the concept of airbnb totally.

Try really really hard to be amenable, show them around and do your best.

if you cancel you will get penalized and the hassle of getting it sorted.

After they have left write in their review exactly what happened (facts)  put thumps down to recommend them also.  

You just never know they might be the best guest you have ever had bar this thoughtless act.

This is just my advice..

If you are too upset or cross about it then you must do what you feel best, as you wont manage to host as you would wish to.

Good luck, id be miffed also for sure.

mala

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

The issue you have is that your check in time is 4pm but you do not have a check-in window so unless you communicated to the guest prior to booking that they had to check in by 8pm it will be hard to enforce now. 

Also as the booking has already started you can only cancel by contacting Airbnb directly by telephone; whether they agree that 11pm is unreasonable as such permits you to cancel without any penalties is another matter. If they refuse to wave the penalties you would more than likely lose you superhost status for starters amongst other penalties - https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/990/how-do-host-cancellation-penalties-work

Perhaps reach out to the guest again to try to resolve this between the both of you but if this is not possible then call Airbnb ASAP as they also need to try to find alternative accommodation for the guest.

I would suggest you add a check-in window going forward.

All the best,

Ama