guest information?

Lina21
Level 2
Washington, DC

guest information?

Hello, I have a request to book from an individual that does not have any reviews yet. I would like to offer him the room, but only after getting more personal information.  I thought AirBNB would provide at least a last name for the guest, but it appears they do not. 

What is the best way to get this information? I would at least like to look up their social media (facebook, etc). 

2 Replies 2
Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

You can ask the guest for their last name directly. I find it helpful to ask some open-ended questions - "tell me a little about yourself and the people you're traveling with - what brings you to my town?"

It is annoying that they block so much info - knowing that someone has 1000 facebook friends tells us nothing, really.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Just ask - have you messaged him back yet?  What's coming for - does he know the area? What's his surname? 

Only thing is be careful, hosts get annoyed when guests ask lots of questions - don't fall into the same trap. They will think you are intrusive and will book elsewhere..go with  your gut feeling at the end of the day