help with writing a review

Eric26
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

help with writing a review

This is very strange. I just completed a trip that I booked through Airbnb, and I'm NOT being prompted to write a review. Any ideas why that would happen? I've traveled as a guest with Airbnb at least 5 times previously, and I'm always prompted to write a review at the end of the stay. Why would this trip be any different?

If it makes any difference, I'm an Airbnb superhost... so I understand how the system works.

I can't tell if this message will be private or not (this whole "Ask the community" thing for help is super f-ing weird-- I just need support, I don't want to post something in a public forum or start a discussion among several people...) but here's the reservation: 

Thanks

Eric

3 Replies 3
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Eric26,

Yes, you did post in a public forum.  As you already are aware, you get an email approximately 24 hours after you check out.  It seems like Airbnb is getting behind and it is happening to several people right now inlcuding myself.  I had a guest check out yesterday and received the review email later this afternoon.

You might just need to be patient for a little while longer.

And also, this Community Center is not monitored by Airbnb staff and is essentially hosts helping other hosts and soon guest will be let to wonder these pages.

You only get 45 minutes to edit your post so if you wish to remove anything, you have 10 minutes left.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks Dave. Man Airbnb makes me crazy sometimes... I do a lot of business with them (as a full-time host and as a guest) and it drives me nuts that there's no simple support option. I suppose I could call but what a hassle. Anyhow, appreciate the response. I'll give it another few days to see if I get the review email, and then I'll call if not. best, Eric

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Eric26,

Great to meet you. Just to let you know, as asked, I have removed your link here - thanks for highlighting this to me. 

As @Dave-and-Deb0 mentioned, there appears to be a slight delay with this, and a few host here in the CC have mentioned they are experiencing the same thing. I will pass this over to the team, so they are aware, but as Dave says in the mean time it may be a matter of waiting a little longer than usual. 

If you do decide you want to explore the Community Center a little bit, I recommend using the search bar at the top of all of the pages to find topics. With reference to you not wanting to call Support, do take a look at this Contact Community Help Guide (which Dave put together) which outlines a number of different ways to reach Airbnb. 

I hope this is helpful and I hope this can be resolved and back up to speed soon.

Thanks, Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.