horrible review

Mira99
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

horrible review

Dear Airbnb Community,

is my first time since last 2 ,5 year when I am writting here. I have got a horrible review from the guest who did not even show up. All booking was very strange. My apartment is huge and many times I had attemps of "party" guests. This time gentelman booked with the intention to spend amazing 4 nights with his wife due to their anniversary. 

What happened:

1. I dont check in ppl when they are not together arriving ( avoiding gatherings or gigs ) so in this case first he said his wife is working until 2AM - I said I am fine coming even so late to check in

first day he did not show up

I informed immediately Airbnb

2. next day I texted what time he is willing to check in

he said around 23:00 and that he argued with his wife ( ! ) and would be staying alone

I said pls alter then the booking

Contacted again Airbnb and previous Case Manager was involved

I've even offered altering the booking cause renting huge Duplex was a big cost for him

She called the guest and advised him

He did not show up second day in raw

never picked up my phone

3. next day he started to sabotage me to cancel the booking and that he dont know the address ( !) and check in instruction ( he was instrucetd by me in writting  and then Case Manager) 

After all this mess I received a review

"SCAMMER DO NO BOOK WITH HER TRYS TO SCAM YOUR MONEY AND THINKS SHE CAN GET AWAY WITH IT"

i have asked Airbnb to remove it as one time exception

This review took ur Superhost status away ( one year I was working very hard to get it when in May 218 I had party ppl and did not let them stay in and got 1 * untruthful review).

Airbnb 3 x declined me removing the review as it is not violative.

Noone takes the whole story into consideration. and I know from my other experienced friends with Airbnb ( 7 years expirience ) that there are exceptions done

This review is a last one 

Next ppl who are wirtting to us with enquiries are reffering to this

I feel powerless

I dont know what to do ?!?

Please help.

Bests,

Mira

14 Replies 14
Mira99
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I forgot to admit that during the review process from Airbnb I lost the opportunity to leave my feedback to this review... so all is gone.

Eileen0
Level 9
London, United Kingdom

@Mira99 Understandably, this is quite upsetting for you and it happens to almost all hosts, but you have so many lovely reviews so take heart from that and don't let it put you off.  Prospective guests will see all the lovely reviews, and that the one bad review is from someone weird. 

What you want now is for more reviews so that review disappears from the top of the list.  Do you have more bookings coming up?  If not, do any or all of these things to get those reviews coming in - drop your price, shorten minimum stay or ask friends to make bookings with you (and leave good reviews) - just so the new reviews will push that horrible one down the list.  

Good luck

Mira99
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thank You or replying,  means a lot for me but this is unfair and is not only about me; is it really so common?

Cause it is totally insane...

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Mira99   calling you a scammer is slander, the review should not be allowed.  Try and contact airbnb via Twitter and plead your case again.  In all honesty, I think this particular guest intended to scam you, not the other way around.

@Mira99 Hi 🙂

Ohh, It sounds horrible. What did airbnb say when you reached out to them? Did you communicate with the guest via the airbnb system? If it were me I would continue to contact airbnb until the review is taken down.

Best, Sandra 

Mira99
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I can paste here what they answered. 

They said REVIEW IS NOT VIOLATIVE.

noone cares is a slander. 

I called already 3 x. 3 times different Case Managers revied it and all time is the same. Reeating after first one.

this is the answer on my second appeal

Robert J, Sep 9, 05:45 PDT:

Hi Mira,

Apologies for the late reply, I was out of the office for 2 days.

I am sorry when there has perhaps been someone who promised you to remove the review. I have checked the review with our content policy, I have also asked several other colleagues and my supervisor to check it and there is no ground for us to remove it.

When a reservation is cancelled on the day of check in or during the reservation, both users, guest & host are allowed to leave their review about the experience they had up until that point.

I would still encourage you to write a public response to the review. Anyone seeing this review, can also see your public response.

As mentioned, according to us, there is no violation of the content policy. Please do let me know if you feel that our content policy (https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/546/) has indeed been violated and please point out where so we can verify it.

Kind regards,

Robert
www.airbnb.com/help

Mira99
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

dear @Sandra0 

Yes, I communicated with guest via message thread and several times called Airbnb CS.

They are rejecting my dispute.

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

Being a superhost really doesn't afford you any significant opportunities on airbnb. It sounds nice but isn't worth chasing. Don't fret over it. 

Its too bad you were not able to at least respond to the bad review. 

Airbnb should not allow people who never even set foot on your property, to leave you a review. That's wrong!

Mira99
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

they allow and explain it as so called " booking process experience"

I could understand if I would not be responsive etc. 

But it was not the case.

Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Mira99 

I am so sorry.

If I was looking at your place as a potential guest, I would certainly read the reviews but the most recent  review is so obviously the outlier and the ALL CAPS screams "a crazy person wrote this". 

I agree with @Marit-Anne0 that calling you a scammer is liable and should be taken down. I'm sure someone with more energy can find a link to show what can and can not be included in a written review. Try calling CS again. There is a wiiiiiide range of CS reps that they contract and you might get a much better one the next time around.

Mira99
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

dear Emily,

thank You for your kind words. I have called already three times. The thing is first line of contact passing it forward and then every CM is doing the same. Taking decision as final.

Yes, I communicated all time with the guest. during the booking were also 2 other Case Managers informed cause guest has never showed up. Airbnb says that they would not remove it cause it is still describing " the booking process and feelings of the guest"

David4239
Level 2
Knoxville, TN

Any thoughts of closing the account and starting fresh? You would be able to get super host by next quarter. I'm sure that's what guests do if they get a bad review. 

Andrea2893
Level 4
Las Vegas, NV

I feel if the guest did not stay, the review should be removed. I would advise requesting a new case manager or speaking with a supervisor directly. Wish you the best! 

Bianca297
Level 1
Dordrecht, Netherlands

I totally feel how you feel! I have had one (1) very bad review out of 64 very good ones. 

My guest was lying lifeless on his bed one night, his girl friend found him like that and called me, panicked. I called 112, I came right away, at 10 pm(!!) and guess what? He was drunk. He apologized the next morning, I gave them another chance and what happened next was that I discovered the bnb unlocked and the green bin full of at least 25 beer cans. I threw them out, refunded the money for the rest of the nights. 

And they gave me 1 out of 5 for everything. Now, almost a year after it is still having its effect on the rating and it is sometimes even the first review to be seen. 

I think this is very unfair.