Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

host query

Andrew140
Level 1
Palm Beach, Australia

host query

Hi, i have recieved a booking request today, in his email he says that there are two of them coming, however in the booking he has listed one person. This has some impact in the price of the booking. Do I go back to him and query this or does airbnb follow up and  adjust the fee etc. Please let me know asap so that I can respond within the required 24 hours.

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi Andrew

Before confirming the booking go back to the guest and say you want to confirm whether one or two guests are coming as he has only booked for one.

If two guests are coming ask him to update his booking request.

(I normally also ask for the names of all guests on the booking)

Also make sure it is clear in your house rules and description that only the number of guests on the booking will be allowed into the accommodation and that if more guests arrive to stay then have been booked, you may cancel the whole reservation.

Another tip do make sure you agree with a guest before they confirm arrival and departure times so you agree this in advance. (For example I have check in between 6 - 10 p.m. and departure by 11 a.m. This helps ensure guests don't arrive at 'silly O'clock' like 3 a.m.

Helen