house swap

Yael16
Level 1
Brighton, United Kingdom

house swap

Hi does airbnb support a house swap without exchange of money? I just want to go to a particular location and the owners of the house come to my home,  however I do need to make sure it's covered with air bnb insurance.

thanks,

Nic

1 Reply 1
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Yael16,

Airbnb will cover damage only if a confirmed booking is made on the site. As they enforce a minimum nightly cost of, I think, US$10 or its equivalent in whatever currency, there's no way to effect a free transaction.

The "Covered Accommodation" section of https://www.airbnb.ie/terms/host_guarantee says the following where "Responsible Guest" is defined there as

" the Guest who booked your Covered Accommodation for the period during which you incurred the Covered Losses."

Covered Accommodation” means an Accommodation located in the Territory that can be used as a residence and that is (i) owned or legally controlled by you as a Host during the period of the Responsible Guest’s stay at such Accommodation and (ii) listed by you on the Airbnb Platform and booked by such Responsible Guest in compliance with the Airbnb Terms. A vehicle (including, but not limited to, automobiles, scooters, vespas, and motorcycles) or a watercraft (including, but not limited to, boats, yachts, jet skis and similar craft) booked through the Services constitutes a “Covered Accommodation” only to the extent it is stationary and used solely for lodging purposes.