how do I know a guest 'checked in' with airbnb system?

Angela393
Level 2
Saint John, Canada

how do I know a guest 'checked in' with airbnb system?

I have a guest here at the moment, for a 2 night stay, but his reservation still shows up as 'upcoming'.

Other guests, after a few hours, have shown up on the system as 'checked in', this guest hasn't.

I can't reach him by phone or message, so how do I know I'm going to get paid for his 2 night stay here ?

This was done through instant booking, and other guests have been fine, but now I'm wondering that 10 hours after a guest is here how do I know if he has 'checked in' to the system?

I've tried going through the community to look for answers, but is there a way to see this on my reservations?

On my calender he still shows up as 'upcooming', it shoud show up as checked in.

Any suggestions on this?

There is no number in Canada to all for suport on this, and I can't find the email address anywhere on the system

Thanks in advance 🙂

2 Replies 2
Scott80
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

There is no way to mark a guest a checked in, because it is unnecessary. If the guest shows-up or not you will get paid as if they are there, unless the guest cancels. If they cancel you will get paid based on your cancellation policy. Payments are disbursed 24 hours after check-in time and will appear in your bank, paypal, Western Union, Etc based on the amount of time it takes your financial instution to process it. If the guest does not show-up some hosts call AIrBnB to inform them because no-show guests are not allowed to leave a review. 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Do you also use other booking systems?

David