how do i report a bad host

Frank1190
Level 1
Pattaya City, TH

how do i report a bad host

Had a bad experince with a super host that was unwilling to provide relevant property details and information.

How can I report this host?

3 Replies 3

@Frank1190 Some hosts withhold info such as their building address and key codes until the cancellation grace period is over, to avoid people using fraudulent bookings to gain their personal details. Airbnb allows this.

But if it's now your check-in date and you're certain that you haven't been given enough information to access the property, you should call Airbnb for assistance. If you're able to find and enter the property, it might help to explain what further information you feel the host owes you. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Frank1190 

At what stage is your booking. When are you due to stay?

Many of us hosts will provide the full address after the cancellation period.

A much smaller number will only provide the address a few days before traveL

If you are very close to your check in date then call Airbnb to express your concerns

If you can explained what actually happened that makes you feel you need to raise a complaint, when your booking is etc we can try and advise you

Debby94
Level 1
Baltimore, MD

@Marc -Alburquerque TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH MARC Alberquerque

I booked my Airbnb room in April 2022 at the agreed upon rate of $107 a night. I paid my deposit. Then, 2 days ago, he decided to try to negotiate for a higher rate. I told him I would not negotiate. He threatened to cancel me. I (In the meantime I contacted Airbnb for assistance). The only help I got was that they cannot the host. Now he has canceled. DO NOT USE MARC- ALBURQUERQUE. He harrassed me, threatened me and did not honor the negotiated rate