how long until airbnb responds to a claim in a resolution center

Missy25
Level 1
Houston, TX

how long until airbnb responds to a claim in a resolution center

i hosted a group jun8-10. i have in my listing not suitable for pets and in my manual that my home and property are pet free. she brought two small dogs. my neighbor told me, the  i accessed my downstirs outside video and have video of the two dogs and photos of the two dogs. i contacted the renter and told her that she would need to pay the $300 security deposit that is also mentioned in my listing. she said that the dogs did not go inside... it was 100 degrees in galveston and very humid, of course the dogs went inside. she did not respond to the two messages sent through airbnb website after that. I completed the airbnb.com/resolutions information. waited 72 hours. asked airbnb to escalate. it has been over a week and i havent heard anything from them. i uploaded the videos and the photos as well as an addition. stlll no word. i have already paid to have the carpet cleaned.  the carpet cleaners did find dog urine in three different areas. how long untilairbnb responds to my filing.

8 Replies 8
John1574
Level 10
Providence, RI

{:>}

Hi Missy,

I don't have experience in this but from what I've learned on this forum it is better to use twitter initially to contact them,  then a phone call and be sure to keep any emails you exchange with CS on the matter.

I'm sure you will get better responses from other more experienced posters here.

I'm very curious how this will be resolved and how long it will take for them to get back to you.

I'm very foggy on how AirBnB handles guests who clearly break the House Rules.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Time lines seem all over the place, without the guest agreeing I fear you are wasting your time.

I take it you submitted invoices over the $300 claimed but are limiting your claim to that?

David
John1574
Level 10
Providence, RI

Hello Missy,

Any news?

still no email, call, message from airbnb resolutions team. i have submitted photos, video, even a screen shot from the guest saying that she did have her dogs, but didnt let them inside the home, which i know cannot be true since it was so hot.  and still no follow up from airbnb.

I hate to say this, but I don’t think that you will get a resolution on this claim.

Fingers crossed for you that I am wrong. Keep us posted, okay?

why do you say that i wont get the security deposit of $300 that i ask for in the listing. the home says not suitable for pets and in the house manual it says no pets and any evidence of pets will result in forfeture of deposit. i have photos and video of 2 dogs on the property and going up the stairs to the home entrance. i have a carpet cleaning invoice and the carpet cleaners sent pictures of pet urine in my home with their blue light. the guest admitted to having pets on the property via airbnb inbox but said they didnt go inside.... its 100 degrees... pretty sure they went inside. plus they had kids with them who i am sure let the dogs inside as well. its a pretty cut and dry request.  is this how air bnb works on security deposits... if so, i might just consider only doing homeaway/vrbo.

Don’t get me wrong. I hope you get every penny of your security deposit, Missy.

No photos of the dogs INSIDE your space leaves room for Airbnb to deny your claim.  

i understand, however, i am not going to put cameras inside my home. and it does say property... the outside of the home, the underneath patio area counts as my property.