issue with host

Susan4645
Level 2
Bokeelia, FL

issue with host

Host did not respond except to tell me to Have a nice stay, I left after first night to get a hotel, at considerably more money. I could not lock the door when went out, therefor could not stay; not safe to leave my things there if I cannot lock the door behind me.
Was denied by host for refund. I sent pictures of the residence that was a mess. Someone obviously had not been in to clean up since the last guest.  Leftover food on the counter and bedding all over the place.  I stripped the bed and put in the wash.  It was a nightmare for me and then I could not lock the door. You can see on my transactions that I paid for three days at a Holiday Inn for the three days they are billing me for.

7 Replies 7
Susan4645
Level 2
Bokeelia, FL

I have pictures for this ho.bedding on couchbedding on couchIMG_20220505_152256.jpgfood on counterfood on counterbathroom a messbathroom a messconstruction in hallwayconstruction in hallwayst stay

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Susan4645, I'm sorry to hear that this has happened. Have you contact Airbnb as well in order to report this? Please let me know. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

yes I have and they said the according to the host "I was a great guest" and stayed the whole time.  I also sent the pictures.  Will never use Airbnb again.  The last few reviews from this host are exactly the same as mine.  The Airbnb admins should be more helpful in a situation like this.....

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Susan4645 The Coastal Stay folk don't seem to have any listings so perhaps they have finally been suspended or delisted.

here is the link   Luxury Apartment | WiFi, Gym, Pool, Shops & Food - Apartments for Rent in Charlotte, North Carolina,...

they are still taking guests......should be stopped

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Susan4645 The link doesn't work - It really looks like they have been shut down.

It just worked for me and let me on the booking page, I would like a refund and am now trying through my credit card company,  All around bad customer service; I was a customer service rep for 25 years with the Telephone Company and I know how it is supposed to be handled if a company wants to stay in business. Have you seen the reviews on this host?