key code update under “Trips” for guest

key code update under “Trips” for guest

Hello fellow AirBnB hosts,

I send guests a message to their inbox before their stay with the key code to get in the front door. First time yesterday, I had a guest call because the key code wasn’t working. I confirmed that I sent her the right code in my message, but she didn’t use my message as a reference for the house details. When I asked her what code she was trying, she stated a code that I used in the past. I asked her where she saw that code, so I can update it wherever it is located. Her response was “When I click “trips” on the main Airbnb page and then on the link for the house it is listed as the entry code.” 

I searched every location on my phone’s AirBnB app to find out where that is so I can update it. I have not found it. Any insight as to where it’s at? 

5 Replies 5
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Amanda1131 

It could possibly be in your Listing Details --> Guest Resources --> Check in instructions.

It is always best to put something generic in this field if you are going to be sending guests a message with instructions. (ps. I am on a laptop and not the app.)

Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 4.01.59 PM.png

Hi Emilia, 

Thanks for sending over that suggestion. I looked in that location and I have a generic message in there as well with no specific key code. I will have to keep searching. 

Is it maybe in the "House Manual", @Amanda1131 ? That's in Guest Resources, too. I remember having old information in there once that needed to be updated after a guest mentioned it.

Hi @Lawrene0 , Thanks for responding. I've checked the House Manual in Guest Resources as well. I'm stumped by this! This is the first guest of 40+ who've seen this so it's a rare occasion. She also didn't respond to any of my messages before her arrival so I'll just have to be more alert to guests that don't acknowledge my messages to make sure they get the correct details. 

Donna1154
Level 2
Empire, MI

Hello Amanda.  Were you able to find the source of the incorrect key code to a guest?  I have had this happen twice (in over 100 guests).  I, too, have searched my Listing to see if there was any old/incorrect information but everything is accurate:  Host will provide your key code via Airbnb Message prior to your arrival.