one day advance notice

Jacky19
Level 2
Mérida, MX

one day advance notice

I have a one day advance notice set up.    I did not checked the box allowing the instant booking to override the advance notice.  that said, why  last night a guest was able to book (Instant Booking) at 8.30pm for the next day.   Thank you for your help

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jacky19 

Then it is IMO a one day advance booking, as it is not on the same day.

Jacky19
Level 2
Mérida, MX

One day notice , would be 24 hrs before checking time, right. in this case it was less than 24hrs so the booking should not have been accepted. 

@Jacky19 It is not a 24 hour clock but a calendar day. The guest cannot book on the SAME Day. So a guest can book at 11:58pm on Sunday to check in on Monday. 

Thank you Emilia

Now I am going to ask for 2 days advance.

I have 8 rentals that I operate with a small team and I need that time to get houses and pools ready.

Thanks again 

@Jacky19    I used to think 'one day = 24 hours' too.  But in Airbnb-speak one day only means up to midnight even if only one second! Go figure!   I  changed mine to two days so I can get one day blocked out.

@Ange2 wrote:

@Jacky19 

Airbnb-speak one day only means up to midnight even if only one second! 

This would be more accurately called "hotel-speak." AirBNB didn't make this up in isolation.

Jenny112
Level 2
Larchmont, NY

how do i turn off advance notice for a period of time?

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

I had this happen as well. I had a guest who had two reservations with two day break between them so she could drive down to Florida and see family then on the way back stay again. So at the end of her first stay she asked if she could leave a few things in the fridge, if no one had booked those days between,  and offered that I need not clean the rooms. I agreed as it was within 24 hours I assumed no one else could book. Well I wake up next morning and someone booked those nights. Very stressful but the guest was so nice and understanding and left great review. It was still very awkward, as I had to move her things out of the fridge. I also thought one day meant 24 hours and a very careful reader. All of these little things can add up and make you more stressful especially this year.