payment not showing up

payment not showing up

Hi everyone,

Our first guest has come and gone (they were great!) but their payment doesn't show up anywhere on our hosting dashboard. I see the record of the guest in the calendar and as "completed", but there is no payment pending or ready for payout in the payments section. I read that the payment was supposed to appear a day after they check in, but it has now been several days since they checked out and it is still nowhere to be seen.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Many thanks!

10 Replies 10
Cheryl389
Level 7
Keyport, NJ

I would wait like 24-48 hours. I find that the metrics are slow to update.

Jerry257
Level 1
Scarborough, Trinidad and Tobago

Yeah I too have not seen any payment..my guest still here but it's been 7days since they here

Jennifer1774
Level 5
Sacramento, CA

Yes!  This happened to us for the same day. I sent a message and was told there was a technical issue.  They then credited the funds.  You may need to follow up. 

Jenna

Could you please tell me how to follow up?  We have not seen a payment yet and it has been over a week since our first guests left.  We have received emails saying payment was sent but have yet to receive it.  Being new, we are having trouble locating how to connect with someone directly.  Thanks for your guidance.

@Lisa-Greg0  As there are so many new hosts who ask about this, and think there is something wrong, I can only assume that nowhere does Airbnb inform new hosts (or else they bury the info somewhere you'd never think to look) that you will have to wait up to 30 days for your first payment. (it didn't work like this 3 years ago when I started hosting) I think this is supposed to be some kind of quality-control on new listings to ensure that it's not some scam, the place actually exists and that guests will be welcomed accordingly. And of course it doesn't hurt Airbnb's bank account any to withold new host payments for 30 days while they collect interest on it 🙂

After that first payment that you'll have to wait for, payments should be released as normal, 24 hours after guests check in. 

So if you don't see your first payment within 30 days of that guest's check-in, then you'll need to contact Airbnb to see if there's some glitch.

Thanks for answering.  I finally found something under transaction history that says we should see the actual payment tomorrow.  Fingers crossed!

A little bit of guidance from Airbnb for new host would be appreciated, like information that the first payment could take a little bit so that you are not left thinking something is wrong, Otherwise it has been a good experience so far.

Lyn3
Level 10
Mapleton, Australia

Hi @Dani194  I am glad you enjoyed your first hosting.

Over three years ago when I hosted my first guest, payment arrived straight away, but I understand from reading posts here that the protocol now is that payment for one's first guest will arrive in a month's time.

Maybe somebody else would clarify this, please?

Cheers

Lyn.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies, everyone! Good to know we are not alone in this and haven't done something horribly wrong.

Thanks @Jennifer1774, I'll send another message and wait to hear back from them. 

Thanks @Lyn3, that would explain it. It would be great to have the info clarified as you said - does anyone know whether this is the case?

Thanks @Jeff158, I did see this but unfortunately this is a step prior to payout, even. The guests have left and it doesn't show any funds earned for the month of July, so we can't even request a payout.

Hello @Dani194 

How are you? 

Did you check the transaction history?

You can check the status of your payouts and display detailed information on your earnings at any time from your Transaction History.

That payment is in Upcoming payouts or in Completed payouts?

Had you a photo service from Airbnb?

Because the cost of your photoshoot will be subtracted from your next payout, even if your next payout comes from a different listing.

https://www.airbnb.ie/help/article/2094/how-do-i-pay-for-my-professional-photoshoot

Hope you solved this issue and waiting for the new guests!

Ramona