payout charges

payout charges

I have been a host for the past six months which I enjoy. However, the payout charges are so exorbitant that I am operating at a loss. The bank charges to receive the money from airbnb and when the money gets to my account the receiving bank charges me again. Is this the best practices. can someone please indicate if they are having the same problem. How can this be remedied?

Thanks in advance 

Laurell

4 Replies 4
Kaylee18
Level 10
Hamilton, Canada

@Laurell1  

I am in a different country than you, however my bank does not take any fees from my Airbnb payouts. 

Not sure who you are banking with, but you can always try being paid through PayPal. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Laurell1  I also have the payouts routed my bank account and my bank charges nothing-I get exactly what Airbnb pays me out. I know it's not like that everywhere in the world, but maybe you should go bank shopping and find a bank that will offer you better terms. That your bank charges you twice for the same payout sounds awfully greedy.

Romana19
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Co změnit banku za nějakou lepší,která nebude účtovat poplatky?

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Laurell1  My bank charges me 1€ per transaction.

I am not sure but I think I've seen somewhere you can set a minimum amount you want to receive from Airbnb. So instead of 20 transactions of 50€ each, we can receive just 1 transaction of 1000€ and save 19€ on the transaction fee.