question about payment

Gabrielle1
Level 2
Oakland, California, United States

question about payment

I'm bringing my pups to the place I'm staying at in a few weeks.  I'm supposed to pay my host $25 for my pup so should I just try to Paypal this to her?

2 Replies 2
Stan1
Level 2
Fremont, California, United States

great question!

airbnb suggests we keep all things on the site for our protection because we won't get any support if we do it off the website. from a quick read on the help center, i found this for your reading pleasure: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/209/why-should-i-pay-and-communicate-only-through-airbnb

giphy (1).gif

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

For such questions it's better to negotiate that before booking and then make and accept a special offer with the higher price and have everything written in the message thread. If you already booked, your host can send you a request to alter the booking to the higher price (including the 25$) and you accept that offer. After that the 25 are taken by airbnb from your card and paid to the host with the rest.

I see no reason to pay that in advance by paybal - the pup will not arrive before you?

If it's an independant service, like a refund for a fee, and you trust each other, you can also pay it at arrival in cash. (You did not indicate for what the money is due). Sometimes I buy telephone cards for my guests, leave them on the table for them or lend them a phone with the card already installed and they leave me the money when they leave. Some people ask to have a thing at arrival, so I buy it and leave it with the ticket and they leave the money.

The terms should protect you against extortion, that there be no fees as a surprise sprung on you. If you ask for something special and the host provides it, you can refund him in a way which suits you both. If it's part of the rent, pay it via airbnb.