question about the physical location of the booked house

Svetlana142
Level 2
Stockholms län, Sweden

question about the physical location of the booked house

Hi 

I have booked a house for 2 months.  I got the exact address from the host after 48 hours. It showed up that the physical location of the house is approximately 2 kilometers away from where it is originally situated on the Airbnb map. It means that we will be 2 km more away from the beach, we were not planning to rent a car, so we will have to go by foot for 20 more minutes than what I was expecting. We have a little child so it is not so practical. I haven't contact the host yet because I would like to know what is the policy. What shall I do now when I am not so satisfied with the location? I can't cancel and get all money back because 48 hours has already passed. If I cancel now, I will have to pay for 30 days.

Please help

48 Replies 48
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Svetlana142 that's great that has worked out.

Hope your new booking goes well.

Maybe when you are on holiday you could pop in and see the people where you were booked to stay to say Thanks for agreeing to change etc and drop off a small Christmas present from Sweden - you never know they may know people intend to travel to your home country who need accommodation etc

There's nothing like a bit of Good Will in the wider world and having a conducive working relationship as one never knows when the children are older and can walk further you may like to stay where you originally booked.

Love your flowers in your Profile photo.

May I ask what are they?

Are they in your garden?

All the best for Happy Holidays in Mauritius from here in New Zealand

Svetlana142
Level 2
Stockholms län, Sweden

Hi @Helen427 

The flower is a clematis from my neighbor's garden.  Clematis is very beautiful.  

Thanks for your help! 

All the best from the other side of the world. I personally love new Zealand very much, we lived there for 6 months, hope to visit again.  

/Svetlana 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Wow @Svetlana142 that's great to read you have lived in New Zealand.

Which region?

Did you see much of the countryside?

I've friends who spend some of the year in Sweden where they are originally from, he likes the cold which you will be escaping from!

Hope to hear their stories in January when they return.

Clematis always have a beautiful scent, flowers are a very important part of our lives.

best

@Helen427 

yes we love Sweden but honestly it is cold in the winter.

We lived near Auckalnd in Kumeu-Riverhead area but we travelled around the north island for 2 weeek, and yes it was really lovely.